The Student Room Group

For the guys: how often do you text your mates compared to girls you're talking to?

I'm a girl talking to a guy, there are a lot of times that I know he is busy but he's also checking whatsapp. Do guys generally have constant conversations going on with their mates via text? Do you usually only text girls when you're alone? I don't know the male mind much as you can tell, so would be curious to know if he's just having quick chit-chat with his mates or whether this is completely not the norm and he's probably talking to another chick with me as a side option lol
Reply 1
I have no friends.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I have no friends.

aren't you also a girl?
Reply 3
I feel like this got deep hella quick
Reply 4
Original post by Theloniouss
aren't you also a girl?

I am.
Does that mean I have to have friends?
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I am.
Does that mean I have to have friends?

everyone has to have friends

Just didn't really make sense to answer a "For the fellas" question ig
I use emojis for girls, not for guys. Use exclamation marks for girls, not for guys.
if a guy is using wastapp a lot,it's likely that he is sharing and viewing memes with his 'bois gang'.we guys have a watsapp group especially for sharing memes and shaming people (guilty) ,but we do it in a very casual sense .and I think it's the case here as well
Reply 8
Original post by Theloniouss
everyone has to have friends

Just didn't really make sense to answer a "For the fellas" question ig

Oh really? I did not know that having friends was a requirement in life 🤔

Spoiler

I'm generally very active on Instagram and WhatsApp usually sending memes to my guy mates, but my girl mates do require a little bit more attention so I usually text them everyday, whereas the guys every other day.
I message male friends nearly every day because they’re good at replying and consistently, not just once or twice. But girls very often don’t reply at all, or take ages to reply, so they take lower priority. On the rare occasion I find a girl who does reply, I’ll message her more often. But 9 out of 10 times if I’m talking to a girl, I’ll take a while to reply to her so I can have some time to think about a suitable response that will keep her interested and make her reply to me again. Girls have a very short attention span when it comes to messaging guys and if they don’t like what you write, they won’t hold a conversation with you. Often they’ll reply to you once then ignore your next reply and that’s it done, she thinks she’s having a conversation with you. I got news for you girls: you replying once isn’t you having a proper conversation with me. Lol. :tongue:
My male friends tend to respond within a couple of days but with the girls I talk to it tends to take more than a week to get a half-hearted response.
LOOOOL sorry but this is so funny how we have created unwritten rules for texting someone you like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending