Would it be right to email teachers in regards to calculated A level grades?

Watch
232CEC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

I was wondering, within my context, would it be right to email teachers in regards to a level calculated grades?

The government have basically said that mock grades, class work and prior attainment like GCSEs, for which mine are an average of grade 6s, are to be used in grading A levels this year.

I set myself a target of A*A*A for A level for which I felt fairly confident about in February but now feel as though I might only be awarded the same grade as my personal target in only 1 or maybe 2 subjects. If I don’t receive the grades I’m hoping for I’m probably going to sit the exams in autumn (I’d rather try and possibly fail myself than not try at all). Therefore I’d use the time I have now to prepare for the exams.

Within this context, would it be right to ask a teacher about the likelihood of me achieving the grade I’m aiming for in their subject in order to judge whether I should revise it with the massive amount of time I have now?

I’ve applied to UCAS for 2020 but I’m hoping, provided I get the grades, to apply to more competitive courses with achieved results in 2021.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by 232CEC)
Hi,

I was wondering, within my context, would it be right to email teachers in regards to a level calculated grades?

The government have basically said that mock grades, class work and prior attainment like GCSEs, for which mine are an average of grade 6s, are to be used in grading A levels this year.

I set myself a target of A*A*A for A level for which I felt fairly confident about in February but now feel as though I might only be awarded the same grade as my personal target in only 1 or maybe 2 subjects. If I don’t receive the grades I’m hoping for I’m probably going to sit the exams in autumn (I’d rather try and possibly fail myself than not try at all). Therefore I’d use the time I have now to prepare for the exams.

Within this context, would it be right to ask a teacher about the likelihood of me achieving the grade I’m aiming for in their subject in order to judge whether I should revise it with the massive amount of time I have now?

I’ve applied to UCAS for 2020 but I’m hoping, provided I get the grades, to apply to more competitive courses with achieved results in 2021.
At the school where I work teachers have been told by the Head not to respond to any emails re A level grades.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No. Teachers are specifically banned by Ofqual from discussing grading with pupils so you won't get an answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (187)
29.13%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.51%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.03%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.41%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.94%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.94%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.12%

Watched Threads