The Student Room Group

Would it be right to email teachers in regards to calculated A level grades?

Hi,

I was wondering, within my context, would it be right to email teachers in regards to a level calculated grades?

The government have basically said that mock grades, class work and prior attainment like GCSEs, for which mine are an average of grade 6s, are to be used in grading A levels this year.

I set myself a target of A*A*A for A level for which I felt fairly confident about in February but now feel as though I might only be awarded the same grade as my personal target in only 1 or maybe 2 subjects. If I don’t receive the grades I’m hoping for I’m probably going to sit the exams in autumn (I’d rather try and possibly fail myself than not try at all). Therefore I’d use the time I have now to prepare for the exams.

Within this context, would it be right to ask a teacher about the likelihood of me achieving the grade I’m aiming for in their subject in order to judge whether I should revise it with the massive amount of time I have now?

I’ve applied to UCAS for 2020 but I’m hoping, provided I get the grades, to apply to more competitive courses with achieved results in 2021.
Original post by 232CEC
Hi,

I was wondering, within my context, would it be right to email teachers in regards to a level calculated grades?

The government have basically said that mock grades, class work and prior attainment like GCSEs, for which mine are an average of grade 6s, are to be used in grading A levels this year.

I set myself a target of A*A*A for A level for which I felt fairly confident about in February but now feel as though I might only be awarded the same grade as my personal target in only 1 or maybe 2 subjects. If I don’t receive the grades I’m hoping for I’m probably going to sit the exams in autumn (I’d rather try and possibly fail myself than not try at all). Therefore I’d use the time I have now to prepare for the exams.

Within this context, would it be right to ask a teacher about the likelihood of me achieving the grade I’m aiming for in their subject in order to judge whether I should revise it with the massive amount of time I have now?

I’ve applied to UCAS for 2020 but I’m hoping, provided I get the grades, to apply to more competitive courses with achieved results in 2021.

At the school where I work teachers have been told by the Head not to respond to any emails re A level grades.
Reply 2
No. Teachers are specifically banned by Ofqual from discussing grading with pupils so you won't get an answer.

Quick Reply

Latest