The Student Room Group

Best epq idea???

ideas were should we legalise marijuana, should healthcare be a human right, is it ethical to allow the existence of trillionaires, are electric cars the future, was teslas model of more accessible electricity better, evaluation of string theory, can religion and science coexist, does the NHS most embody Britain which do you think would give me the best scope for my project?
Reply 1
That is one hell of a long sentence..
Just go whichever topic you're more interested in/can find appropriate sources for.
Which one would you say would be the most presentable or arguable though?
??
What subject would your EPQ be focused around?
Evaluation of string theory is definitely interesting - but that sounds more like something you'd have to do in university, it is really complex! Remember, your EPQ isn't the same as writing a PhD thesis, you just need to prove that you're able to conduct your own independent research in order to create your own paper. "Should healthcare be a human right?" sounds like a decent one, leaves you with many points of view to look from.
Original post by confuzzledteen
What subject would your EPQ be focused around?
Evaluation of string theory is definitely interesting - but that sounds more like something you'd have to do in university, it is really complex! Remember, your EPQ isn't the same as writing a PhD thesis, you just need to prove that you're able to conduct your own independent research in order to create your own paper. "Should healthcare be a human right?" sounds like a decent one, leaves you with many points of view to look from.

Well i was just going to focus on any one of those topics but i currently do biology physics and maths too - i think you're right about string theory, although it is a deeply interesting topic, it may be difficult to gather much primary research at all - with the healthcare one i could discuss the ethics of profiting from healthcare and do some surveys on the importance and opinions on the NHS too. Thanks for your help!
Reply 6
Original post by jacobharmison17
Well i was just going to focus on any one of those topics but i currently do biology physics and maths too - i think you're right about string theory, although it is a deeply interesting topic, it may be difficult to gather much primary research at all - with the healthcare one i could discuss the ethics of profiting from healthcare and do some surveys on the importance and opinions on the NHS too. Thanks for your help!

Which one would you say would be the most presentable or arguable though?

Again, this completely depends on what your knowledge base is... they all have their pros and cons apropos what you can aruge and what sources are availible though.
Personally i'd be more interested in the; electric cars one or the healthcare be a human right. although being able to bash tesla and musk would be nice :colone:. the legalize dope one sounding a bit trite but up to your discretion.
As the other user noted string theory sounds far removed from what you could ever describe in an epq so i'd discount it unless you already understand the principles well.
Original post by Napp
Again, this completely depends on what your knowledge base is... they all have their pros and cons apropos what you can aruge and what sources are availible though.
Personally i'd be more interested in the; electric cars one or the healthcare be a human right. although being able to bash tesla and musk would be nice . the legalize dope one sounding a bit trite but up to your discretion.
As the other user noted string theory sounds far removed from what you could ever describe in an epq so i'd discount it unless you already understand the principles well.

Thanks for your reply and yes I agree string theory would be hard to format as an EPQ, I think that I am leaning towards the healthcare one but I shall still give it some more thought, thanks again!
ideas were should we legalise marijuana, should healthcare be a human right, is it ethical to allow the existence of trillionaires, are electric cars the future, was teslas model of more accessible electricity better, evaluation of string theory, can religion and science coexist, does the NHS most embody Britain which do you think would give me the best scope for my project?

It is ethical to allow the exist of trillionaires (maybe go down to billionaires for realism). Spoiler: The answer is yes.
Original post by Gundabad(good)
It is ethical to allow the exist of trillionaires (maybe go down to billionaires for realism). Spoiler: The answer is yes.

spoiler: it's not
Original post by Esmo2908
spoiler: it's not

Communist. :mad:
I wrote an essay about legalisation of medicinal cannabis for an essay competition. Its rly interesting topic and v extensive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending