Soonli
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Anybody here studying Bsc(Hons) Podiatry in Uni of Southampton? It's a pretty small course so it's difficult to find buddies here. Hope yall can help me out!
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Soonli)
Anybody here studying Bsc(Hons) Podiatry in Uni of Southampton? It's a pretty small course so it's difficult to find buddies here. Hope yall can help me out!
Hey :hi:
I'm afraid I am no Podiatry student but I am a current Soton student so if you do have any questions at all, feel free to ask me!
Check out the accommodation thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6265368
and places such as Facebook/Campus Society often are great places to find coursemates.
All the best.
Cheese :bump:
WriterBWOman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I've applied to do podiatry, I've got the grade, done occupational health thing...but my offer hasn't been finalised. Do you mind if I ask what UCAS message you're getting?Thanks xx
WriterBWOman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Hey :hi:
I'm afraid I am no Podiatry student but I am a current Soton student so if you do have any questions at all, feel free to ask me!
Check out the accommodation thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6265368
and places such as Facebook/Campus Society often are great places to find coursemates.
All the best.
Cheese :bump:
Hi Thanks, despite scoring higher than required on academic conditions, I haven't been accepted because 'non academic conditions not met'. Emails to admissions not replied to, and the deadline is 1st of September for non academic conditions to be sorted. Talking to other people it could be occupational health (I have now had an online meeting with OH and been cleared for course) DBS - I already have and have sent details of my Enhanced DBS and applied for new one using the Southampton Uni code, Evidence of qualification - I have scanned GCSEs, and Access Course details and got the college to email evidence of all my qualifications, Letter of good character, already sent. No replies from admissions on what they need me to send - this has been going on since the 13th of August. I am aware that this is a difficult year for the submission team, however, the university is breaking their own communication guidelines. According to UCAS my application will be timed out on the 1st because I have failed to meet non academic conditions, although there are some rumours (no direct contact to me) about this being extended to the 7th of September. However, although as a mature student it will be difficult to move, and since Southampton does not reply to emails, I may miss a place on the course via clearing in Brighton. And if I am timed out on the 1st or 7th of September, my chances of finding decent and affordable accommodation on the Brighton campus is reducing every day.
A guy in submissions emailed my college lecturer and said that none of the podiatry students have been accepted due to the podiatry staff not sending out DBS forms - however I find that unlikely and a student on the access course and my daughter is due to study medicine have been sent a letters of good character and received acceptance letter. It would be useful to know if any other students for podiatry are experiencing problems.
Many thanks
Charlotte
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WriterBWOman)
Hi Thanks, despite scoring higher than required on academic conditions, I haven't been accepted because 'non academic conditions not met'. Emails to admissions not replied to, and the deadline is 1st of September for non academic conditions to be sorted. Talking to other people it could be occupational health (I have now had an online meeting with OH and been cleared for course) DBS - I already have and have sent details of my Enhanced DBS and applied for new one using the Southampton Uni code, Evidence of qualification - I have scanned GCSEs, and Access Course details and got the college to email evidence of all my qualifications, Letter of good character, already sent. No replies from admissions on what they need me to send - this has been going on since the 13th of August. I am aware that this is a difficult year for the submission team, however, the university is breaking their own communication guidelines. According to UCAS my application will be timed out on the 1st because I have failed to meet non academic conditions, although there are some rumours (no direct contact to me) about this being extended to the 7th of September. However, although as a mature student it will be difficult to move, and since Southampton does not reply to emails, I may miss a place on the course via clearing in Brighton. And if I am timed out on the 1st or 7th of September, my chances of finding decent and affordable accommodation on the Brighton campus is reducing every day.
A guy in submissions emailed my college lecturer and said that none of the podiatry students have been accepted due to the podiatry staff not sending out DBS forms - however I find that unlikely and a student on the access course and my daughter is due to study medicine have been sent a letters of good character and received acceptance letter. It would be useful to know if any other students for podiatry are experiencing problems.
Many thanks
Charlotte
Hey I'm so sorry to hear this
That's not on
I don't know of any cases myself but do keep trying with admissions
I am aware they are only taking queries via email at the moment so they may take some time to get back to you
Email: [email protected]

Tel: +44(0)23 8059 5000
Try those as well I found that under BSc Podiatry (note: uni lines will only be open on Tuesday though )
Sending you all many hugs + best wishes :hugs:
Cheese
Soonli
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Many thanks
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte! It's really nice to meet another Soton podiatry applicant. Sorry to hear about the current situation, I hope they will get back to you asap.

I experienced a similar situation- submitted my documents, but the offer was still conditional for a week as "some conditions may not be fulfilled yet, or UCAS has not sent my results to the uni". Emailed Admissions and they couldnt specify what was missing, just told me a bunch of stuff that MIGHT be missing. I had to recheck the conditions and later found out I hadn't sent a Letter of Good Conduct yet, which I later on did. (Long story on the letter of Good Conduct.😂 Will share more on that if we ever meet in Southampton!)

Once that was done, UCAS track updated my offer to unconditional and a confirmation letter came along with it.

I got a CAS on 28 August after emailing the Admissions Team and my country development manager countless times. (Felt sorry for doing that but I was desperate) Because I'm an international student and visa application requires a CAS, but the application process takes at least half a month. The admissions team wasn't very responsive to my emails, fortunately my country manager was.

On the DBS part: I haven't submitted any DBS application. I was recently asked by the uni to complete this form.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with how Access Course works😅 But you can try emailing the Health Science faculty/ the Podiatry course staff who interviewed you.

I hope the uni responds to you quickly with an acceptance letter, hope to see you in the Southampton as well!

Best wishes
-Soon Li
WriterBWOman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Massive thanks Soon Li, I do hope we meet in person on the course

Best Wishes Charlotte
Soonli
Rep:
?
My pleasure Charlotte! If you don't mind sharing, how's the progress of your application going?

Massive thanks Soon Li, I do hope we meet in person on the course

Best Wishes Charlotte
WriterBWOman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My pleasure Charlotte! If you don't mind sharing, how's the progress of your application going?
Emails sent to admissions on 13th, 17th, 20th
Access grades and GCSE grades resent on 13th August
Letter of good character sent in July and again on 13th and 27th August
Evidence of Enhanced DBS - sent 27th August
Occupational Health done in July and actually spoke and confirmed that they had everything they need 21st of August
Email sent to admissions today and I got my first reply - an automated response.
Emails copied to podiatry department.

The only contact I have had was a phone call from Keith in the podiatry dep on the 21st, he believed it to be an Occupational Health thing.

More than a bit rubbish to be honest.

But thanks for asking - I wonder if anyone else had problems?

Thanks
Charlotte
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I am! I've been looking for a thread all day lol
Soonli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am! I've been looking for a thread all day lol
Heyy haha finally another pod mate! Where do you come from?
WriterBWOman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Waves to you both
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Heyy haha finally another pod mate! Where do you come from?
I'm really local to Southampton! What about you?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Waves to you both
Soonli
Rep:
?
I'm really local to Southampton! What about you?
Lol then I'm very international to Southampton😂 I come from Malaysia!

R u studying the same course as well?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Lol then I'm very international to Southampton😂 I come from Malaysia!
R u studying the same course as well?
Ohh that's awesome! What brought you to the UK and Southampton? Malaysia looks amazing! Yeah I'm going to do podiatry
Soonli
Rep:
?
Ohh that's awesome! What brought you to the UK and Southampton? Malaysia looks amazing! Yeah I'm going to do podiatry
Oh cool! I took interest in podiatry unfortunately there weren't any courses for that in Malaysia or nearby countries. So i checked out the podiatry courses in UK, and ultimately chose Southampton cuz its reputation seemed quite good + many other factors.☺️

Cant wait to meet yall!
Soonli
Rep:
?
Waves to you both
👋back at u! So have you finally got a decision on the conditional offer?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Oh cool! I took interest in podiatry unfortunately there weren't any courses for that in Malaysia or nearby countries. So i checked out the podiatry courses in UK, and ultimately chose Southampton cuz its reputation seemed quite good + many other factors.☺️

Cant wait to meet yall!
Ohh okay that's fair enough! Have you been to the UK before? Can't wait to meet you all aswell
Soonli
Rep:
?
Ohh okay that's fair enough! Have you been to the UK before? Can't wait to meet you all aswell
This will be my first time to the UK😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (105)
13.43%
I'm not sure (35)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.82%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.43%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed