UK response to coronavirus

Watch
hannahd0236
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What do you guys think about the UK government's response to coronavirus?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hannahd0236)
What do you guys think about the UK government's response to coronavirus?
Couldn't just read one of the other 27,000 threads on the same topic that are already being commented on...?
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Couldn't just read one of the other 27,000 threads on the same topic that are already being commented on...?
I want to make my own though
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Late... Slow... Inadequate...uninspiring... Disheartening... Suspicious... But above all else... Lead by the Science.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Late... Slow... Inadequate...uninspiring... Disheartening... Suspicious... But above all else... Lead by the Science.
I agree, if we responded quickly, the deaths and infections would be lower. I believe that the death and infection numbers are higher than what the media report tbh
username5252758
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It has been abysmal. The government was slow to respond and when they did, they responded with ineptitude.

I can only that what has happened in care homes becomes a national scandal.

People have died because of the abject failures of the Conservative government.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trotsky's Ghost)
It has been abysmal. The government was slow to respond and when they did, they responded with ineptitude.

I can only that what has happened in care homes becomes a national scandal.

People have died because of the abject failures of the Conservative government.
I mean I'm too young to vote but I think labour would've done a better job
Jamie_1712
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Perfectly adequate. The NHS was never overwhelmed and that was the goal. It’s easy to criticise every little detail in hindsight, but no one knew what they were doing at the start, especially the useless WHO.
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jamie_1712)
Perfectly adequate. The NHS was never overwhelmed and that was the goal. It’s easy to criticise every little detail in hindsight, but no one knew what they were doing at the start, especially the useless WHO.
The WHO keep on saying that the virus is gonna be around forever which I find a little bit scary.
And they declared covid-19 a pandemic before the worse of it started
Jamie_1712
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The WHO keep on saying that the virus is gonna be around forever which I find a little bit scary.
And they declared covid-19 a pandemic before the worse of it started
They declared in a pandemic on (correct me if I’m wrong) the 23rd March. That’s way after it had spread to nearly every country in the world. On January 12th the WHO said that there is no human to human transmission of Covid19, despite Taiwan giving them hard evidence of it in December, even before China decided to tell the WHO about it. They also advised against travel bans from China, which would have no doubt had a massive effect back in January. They then went back on their word in march saying travel bans were a good idea. It’s a shambles of an organisation.

Of course the virus is going to be around forever, all viruses are even if you vaccinate the majority of the population. It’s very rare for a particular virus to be able to be wiped out.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean I'm too young to vote but I think labour would've done a better job
What makes you say that, out of interest?
viruses are notoriously hard little buggers to stamp out but the more we learn the less apocalyptic this virus comes across as.

[/quote]
hannahd0236
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
What makes you say that, out of interest?

viruses are notoriously hard little buggers to stamp out but the more we learn the less apocalyptic this virus comes across as.
[/QUOTE]
Labour would do a better job because they are more proactive with their decisions and they would get things done more quickly if that makes sense?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (13)
23.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.27%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
63.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads