The Student Room Group

how important is work experience for engineers

i am going into 2nd year mechanical engineering student at Nottingham and was hoping to find work experience over summer. but Coroni happened so it's unlikely I'm gonna find anything.

I heard find a placement year was difficult, so want to make myself a bit more employable
They are: developing transferable skills, such as communication and teamworking, understanding how organisations work or bringing a job they have read about to life, building confidence in interacting with adults.
Original post by Kiprono Elius
They are: developing transferable skills, such as communication and teamworking, understanding how organisations work or bringing a job they have read about to life, building confidence in interacting with adults.

I agree, any experience in communication, education etc will help in an engineering environment. I'm a systems engineer and as well as hands on engineering there are meetings with colleagues and customers to consider. There are many different aspects in being an engineer so there are plenty of things you can do to prepare.

Quick Reply

Latest