Charles University in hradec kralove

Watch
Fouzia_a
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey guys! I recently got accepted into Charles university 1st faculty. I read a lot of reviews regarding how the Charles university graduates lack major knowledge during junior doctor training as compared to graduates from UK universities. Majority of the reasons as to why such a situation occurs state that Czech is a very tough language to learn, hence the langue barrier hinders a lot of our clinical experience. And it sort of makes sense when you think about it, as medicine is not solely based on theory and practical knowledge plays a major role. What do you guys think about this?
Last edited by Fouzia_a; 8 months ago
Omar55555
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Fouzia_a)
Hey guys! I recently got accepted into Charles university 1st faculty. I read a lot of reviews regarding how the Charles university graduates lack major knowledge during junior doctor training as compared to graduates from UK universities. Majority of the reasons as to why such a situation occurs state that Czech is a very tough language to learn, hence the langue barrier hinders a lot of our clinical experience. And it sort of makes sense when you think about it, as medicine is not solely based on theory and practical knowledge plays a major role. What do you guys think about this?
Yeah that's the reason, I agree. The English program students can't naturally communicate with patients at all, and don't develop that skill. You can take internships at your home country however many medical students probably don't get the time for that (although I know some that do, but they're in Hungarian universities, not sure on Czech).
Sillk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey I’m having a tough time picking between Charles third faculty and Masaryk, this whole time I’ve been thinking Masaryk has a higher passing rate but now u say otherwise, so would u say Charles third and Masaryk are about equal when it comes to drop out rates or is one more better than the other? Also I’ve barely seen or heard anything characteristic about Charles third faculty so would u happen To know any reason why I might want to pick that over Masaryk besides the obvious that it’s situated in the capital ??
Meriem Md
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, did anyone accept the offer for Masaryk here
saahil3172
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Sarthak Modh)
I also live in the UAE, I prefer LF1 over HK, so I'm going to wait, and if I don't get into LF1, I think I'd rather opt for Masaryk uni
I've accepted an offer for Masaryk as well am also from Dubai which uni did u finally accept
saahil3172
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Meriem Md)
Hi, did anyone accept the offer for Masaryk here
I've accepted the offer from Masaryk
Sarthak Modh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by saahil3172)
I've accepted an offer for Masaryk as well am also from Dubai which uni did u finally accept
I decided to go for LF1.

I've accepted the offer from Masaryk
That is great!
Congratulations!
Anonymous #4
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Omar55555)
Hey guys, I got accepted as well. Is anyone thinking of attending? Where are you all from btw, we should definitely connect.
Hey , well done for getting your offer !
I’m doing the online exam for Masaryk next month . How did your exam go , may you give me some tips as I am really struggling.
Lismai
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fouzia_a)
Hi please could you tell me how you studied for the entrance exam and if there are past paper questions for the entrance exam like a booklet with all the questions etc
Lismai
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi please could you tell me how you studied for the entrance exam and if there are past paper questions for the entrance exam like a booklet with all the questions etc
Lismai
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sarthak Modh)
Hey, I just received confirmation on the First Faculty Admission, I think I prefer that over Masaryk, anyone else in a similar situation?
lizzyebe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm an international student from Nigeria. Is anyone interested in creating a group chat like on Instagram or something? So we can get to know our future classmates hopefully or just ask questions and share information in General.

PM me if you are!
Loopsy2456
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lizzyebe)
Hi, I'm an international student from Nigeria. Is anyone interested in creating a group chat like on Instagram or something? So we can get to know our future classmates hopefully or just ask questions and share information in General.

PM me if you are!
PM me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (402)
52.21%
No (368)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed