The Student Room Group

Scared to talk to guys at 19

Hey guys, I’m 19 and starting university. I still haven’t had a boyfriend or a first kiss, none of that, so ofc I am a virgin. I’m not conservative by any sense, I have lots of tattoos and I love lifting. I’ve always been liked by guys but I can never talk to them if I find them attractive and I’m just awkward with them in general.

I wanted to know what I could do to be more open to boys. I hate sharing my thoughts and expressing my feelings. And my guy friends think I’m very weird (in a bad way) for being so “innocent”. I don’t find it bad but I think others do and maybe that’s part of why I’m scared to talk to guys.

What do you guys think? Could there be something wrong w me or just my time hasn’t come for boys yet?
if you get the same kind of nervousness/anxiety from trying to talk to guys as you might from doing a big speech, the solution is usually to acclimatise yourself to that nervous-feeling by making small steps in that direction first until it becomes more comfortable

it may be hard to have a conversation with someone, so just say hey and don't expect anything after that. you mentioned you have male friends, that must mean you're comfortable talking to them because you've worked out how to have a conversation without constantly thinking about the gender difference. the next step is working out how to talk to other guys like that so that a conversation with someone you're attracted to becomes more normal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending