If you got a grade 8-9 in Gcse French please help me

Watch
zainabxxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi all,
hope everyone is staying safe, I just need to ask a few questions regarding GCSE french. Could someone who has received a high grade (8-9) please drop their insta or snapchat down below, so i could message them. Or add me, my insta and snapchat is xxozainabxxo.
Your help is very much appreciated
Thank youuu
WarhurstE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've text on insta
JackDarley03
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
snapchat is jdarleycggs if you need it
zainabxxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by JackDarley03)
snapchat is jdarleycggs if you need it
thank you! I'll add you in a bit
WarhurstE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For anyone else who needs it
Listening is the toughest for me, the top tip is do all listening past papers like all the way back from 2010. They use similar topics and the speakers have the same sought of pronunciation as you will have in your exam.
Then as extra revision when you have time watch newsinslow french. It’s a website which is what it says in the name really. After that i’d watch netflix tv shows in french ( as your gcse i’d keep english subtitles and french audio , but if you want try having french audio and french subtitles, i currently watch half just french audio and half french subtitles depending on how tired i am). A good show is Call my Agent quite lighthearted and easy to watch.
If you’ve not got memrise then get it, perfect for vocab and some courses have audio files attached saying the words, if you search in the app there are loads of gcse courses or verb courses.
learn as many verbs as possible, and do as many past papers as possible.
When doing papers try not get bogged down on individual words but try and get gist of sentence.
Be careful with negation on both listening and reading and learn different types if negation eg ne... pas, ne... jamais, ne aucun ect as these can change whole meaning if a sentence.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zainabxxx)
Hi all,
hope everyone is staying safe, I just need to ask a few questions regarding GCSE french. Could someone who has received a high grade (8-9) please drop their insta or snapchat down below, so i could message them. Or add me, my insta and snapchat is xxozainabxxo.
Your help is very much appreciated
Thank youuu
It would be better to post here - that way answers are peer reviewed.
Jeparlepas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I haven't taken the gcse yet (year 10 here) but I am predicted a 9 and it is my strongest subject.
I'd advise just watching french youtubers, listening to french music - whatever form of french media you can find really.
I used to hate french in year 8 so much but I tried exposing myself to french media and it worked. I absolutely fell in love with French to the point where i want to move to Quebec now. No one needed the story but oh well.
Basically try and make (or force) yourself to like the subject and you'll just automatically get better because you'll want to spend time studying it.

Oh and memrise helps too. And practice papers - the usual stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.45%
I'm not sure (8)
2.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (107)
34.52%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.29%
I'm not a current university student (140)
45.16%

Watched Threads