Seral
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I want some advice between these two unis for computer science. I would like to know about the course, the facilities and the teaching system.
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Seral)
I want some advice between these two unis for computer science. I would like to know about the course, the facilities and the teaching system.
Hi, my name is Alex and I am ambassador at Middlesex.

Middlesex is great university which can provide you excellent facilities for studying. You can explore our campus here, during virtual tour: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/virtual-tour Middlesex is about 10 minutes far away from Hendon Central station, where Northern Line works. You can also take a bus which will take you straight up to university. Our campus is new and modern.

About computer science course, Middlesex provide the basis for a wide range of computer-based careers, computer science studies opens up opportunities across all sectors – from software development to systems engineering and everywhere in between. Our course helps you develop the skills, knowledge and experience that will attract employers and help you achieve your computer-based career goals. You also have the option of extending your studies to 4 years and gaining an MComp qualification. You’ll gain an understanding of the key principles of computer science while you develop your programming, system engineering, and project experience skills. You’ll also get the support, encouragement and confidence to put your skills into practice through individual and group projects. Your first year will be entirely project led, ensuring you practice your skills from the very start.

In the past our students have worked on a project with the prestigious Pink Shoe Club , creating prototypes for a unique digital self-assessment tool.

About teaching, how is Computer Science thaught? We're taking a new, innovative approach to teaching Computer Science at Middlesex, which uses practical, problem-led sessions to reflect the way Computer Science occurs in the real world. Programming is integrated throughout the year, and you will attend lectures, workshops and tutorials. You will also learn through practical experience during supervised laboratory work, as well as your own guided research. In your final year, you will be encouraged and helped to apply for work placements, and given help with your CV and interview technique. The Faculty runs sessions in conjunction with a number of employers on the opportunities available.

If you need more information please check this website: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/underg...mputer-science
I advise you to write to my friend Connor who is ambassador for this course and ask him more questions. Use this link and scroll down the page to message him: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/m...ence/computing

I hope this is helpful. If you have more questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Best, Alex
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
31.51%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.63%

Watched Threads