Bournemouth Uni (potential 2021 student)

Watch
sophiexnolan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi
I am thinking of applying to this uni for 2021 to study international hospitality and tourism management.
If anyone goes/is going to go to Bournemouth Uni and has any advice or feedback it would be much appreciated!
What is the uni like as a whole?
What is the night life like?
Is it worth it?
How is the accommodation?
If you do or are thinking of doing this course what is it like?
Thank you
Calvin Mckenzie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
All your questions in one playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7VkblNiXvXiAfg
hana_hhh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I'm applying for Bournemouth 2021 as well, for the same course!

I can't speak from experience but there is a lot of information about accommodation on Bournemouths website.

The International Hospitality management course is one of the highest rated hospitality courses worldwide, which is why Bournemouth has topped my list
sophiexnolan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by hana_hhh)

I can't speak from experience but there is a lot of information about accommodation on Bournemouths website.

The International Hospitality management course is one of the highest rated hospitality courses worldwide, which is why Bournemouth has topped my list
oh my god! hi! if you want to discuss anything let me know and we can chat on insta? Bournemouth has topped my list too, however its so expensive so I may have to settle for a different uni
hana_hhh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sophiexnolan)
oh my god! hi! if you want to discuss anything let me know and we can chat on insta? Bournemouth has topped my list too, however its so expensive so I may have to settle for a different uni
I'd love to chat, send me your insta
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hana_hhh)

Masters ?
annoymous2406
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m applying for Bournemouth 2021 too
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by annoymous2406)
Will you be studying masters ?
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi
I am thinking of applying to this uni for 2021 to study international hospitality and tourism management.
If anyone goes/is going to go to Bournemouth Uni and has any advice or feedback it would be much appreciated!
Is it worth it?
Thank you
Just finished my studies here. All I’m saying is prepare yourself for cameo Wednesday’s :rofl:
babyshark
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i am applying for 2021 too!
nutristudentbu
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi
Is it worth it?
Thank you
Bournemouth is a great town, the nightlife is great and really varied. Loads of places to eat too. We're a tourist town and expect to be incredibly busy with staycations this year. With that in mind yes it is a bit more expensive than other places but there are also plenty of job opportunities as well due to the tourism.

I didn't stay in the accommodation but you do have lots of options, from uni ran halls, to external companies managing student halls (some of them are amazing), you can also share a house nearby.

The uni is great, they are constantly building and adding more facilities, on Talbot there's a bar, loads of coffee shops, a main canteen, gym, lots of study spaces etc. Talbot campus is about a 10 minute bus journey from the town centre (where most halls are).

I don't know much about the course, however I can't think of a better place to study tourism in the UK :-)

We have great transport links here too as well as being on a gorgeous beach and next to the New Forest.

If you have any other questions please ask.
babyshark
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nutristudentbu)
Bournemouth is a great town, the nightlife is great and really varied. Loads of places to eat too. We're a tourist town and expect to be incredibly busy with staycations this year. With that in mind yes it is a bit more expensive than other places but there are also plenty of job opportunities as well due to the tourism.

I didn't stay in the accommodation but you do have lots of options, from uni ran halls, to external companies managing student halls (some of them are amazing), you can also share a house nearby.

The uni is great, they are constantly building and adding more facilities, on Talbot there's a bar, loads of coffee shops, a main canteen, gym, lots of study spaces etc. Talbot campus is about a 10 minute bus journey from the town centre (where most halls are).

I don't know much about the course, however I can't think of a better place to study tourism in the UK :-)

We have great transport links here too as well as being on a gorgeous beach and next to the New Forest.

If you have any other questions please ask.
thank you so much!
sanjanawrites
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by annoymous2406)
Will you be studying bachelors or masters ?
(Original post by babyshark)
i am applying for 2021 too!
babyshark
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
bachelors!
Last edited by babyshark; 3 months ago
annoymous2406
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Bachelors x
annoymous2406
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ahhh that’s so exciting!
annoymous2406
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
anyone applying for 2021 add my Instagram meganmoloney__ x
nutristudentbu
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by babyshark)
thank you so much!
No worries, happy to help :-)
14t
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
Is it worth it?
Thank you
I'm applying this year too! @tiapereraa on insta Bournemouth is my dream uni ngl, looks amazing
nutristudentbu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 14t)
I'm applying this year too! @tiapereraa on insta Bournemouth is my dream uni ngl, looks amazing
Good luck with your application :-) If you have any questions let me know as I've just started my masters at BU!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (117)
14.11%
I'm not sure (36)
4.34%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (249)
30.04%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (406)
48.97%

Watched Threads