Glasgow Caledonian or Edinburgh Napier.

Watch
giullia rimola
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello everyone,

My name is Giullia and I live in Edinburgh. I am currently enrolled in the Access course (Swap) for Social Sciences at college. I've got conditional offers from Glasgow Caledonian and Napier, both for Social Sciences and would like to have some advice on what uni to choose. I have been living in Edinburgh for 3 years but am Brazilian/ Italian and have been working only until now. So I've got no idea about best uni courses/ reputations in Scotland. I would appreciate any help ! x
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
why is best uni courses/ reputations important to you because they can change every year, one year Napier may be higher than Caledonian the next year it could be vice versa ?

I would choose the uni that you would like to go to and enjoy being there, choose the one which feels right to you and feels like where you shine brightly and feels like home
try to chat to current students there to help you decide
compare the course modules if there is any difference and any specific ones you are interested in that may be only offered at one institute
compare the student life and night life
the big comparison for you would be whether you want to continue living in Edinburgh or move to Glasgow
(1 hour train journey between Glasgow and Edinburgh)
:heart:

here's a tip for choosing a uni when you are stuck between two from becausethenight "Pros and cons are often going to be fairly personal but a couple of things to consider: university sports/societies, nightlife, distance from home/loved ones, if you know anyone there you want to be with/avoid, your offer grades
Ultimately, it can be quite an ‘arbitrary’ decision if they have the same offer and you’d be happy at both, so if you have to flip a coin, do"
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by stereotypeasian)
why is best uni courses/ reputations important to you because they can change every year, one year Napier may be higher than Caledonian the next year it could be vice versa ?

I would choose the uni that you would like to go to and enjoy being there, choose the one which feels right to you and feels like where you shine brightly and feels like home
try to chat to current students there to help you decide
compare the course modules if there is any difference and any specific ones you are interested in that may be only offered at one institute
compare the student life and night life
the big comparison for you would be whether you want to continue living in Edinburgh or move to Glasgow
(1 hour train journey between Glasgow and Edinburgh)
:heart:

here's a tip for choosing a uni when you are stuck between two from becausethenight "Pros and cons are often going to be fairly personal but a couple of things to consider: university sports/societies, nightlife, distance from home/loved ones, if you know anyone there you want to be with/avoid, your offer grades
Ultimately, it can be quite an ‘arbitrary’ decision if they have the same offer and you’d be happy at both, so if you have to flip a coin, do"
PRSOM, cheers for the quote
All excellent advice. I would add that your success on your course and final grade may well be more important than the 'prestige' of your uni (ie 1st from lower ranked > 2.2 from high ranked), as many employers just check that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (11)
18.33%
No one else does (22)
36.67%
I'm embarrassed about my background (8)
13.33%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (15)
25%
We don't use a video platform (2)
3.33%
I don't have a camera (1)
1.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.67%

Watched Threads