The Student Room Group

Walk away now but wonder "what if "

I've boy I've been chatting too for a while did something that upset me and I only found out because my friend told me ,and if my friend didn't tell me I probably wouldn't have known.

I enjoy chatting to him and I do like him alot.

He went about it the wrong way and didn't apologise or give me the heads up on what he did. It wasn't untill I sent him a paragraph explaining how I felt and he told me that he does like chatting to me too and he did apologize.

A few people are saying walk away now but if I do I'll always the "what if" and if I do carry on chatting to him what if something good will come from this or do I stay chatting and get potentially get upset.

I do like this boy alot and we do get along but I'm scared of letting my guard down and get hurt again like I have done in the past.

Any advice will be appreciated x
Reply 1
Walk away. If he went about whatever it was the wrong way and only apologised after a great big long lengthy paragraph, it's not really worth the hassle.

You have your entire life to find someone better so don't dwell on the 'what ifs'.

If you really like chatting t him then maybe just stay friends. Its hard to give the best advice since we don't know what it was that he did that upset you. :smile:
Reply 2
Obviously i don't know what he did to upset you so i'm unsure if i'm in a place to tell u to just walk away. If you understand that there is a high chance you'll be hurt again try and use that thought to fight against the 'what ifs', however, if you think he is someone so special and you'd highly regret not talking to him again try to continue talking to him but at your own risk ! :smile:
If you walk away you’ll never know what would have happened, but is that worse than regretting a decisions 5 or so years down the line... you can’t get time back :cry2:
The answer will vary according to what he did and why it upset you.
If he did anything malicious or illegal- it is safest to just walk away.
There are plenty of fish in the sea.
There's no good reason for you to waste your time on someone who upsets you that acts nasty or criminal.
what did he do to upset you?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I've boy I've been chatting too for a while did something that upset me and I only found out because my friend told me ,and if my friend didn't tell me I probably wouldn't have known.

I enjoy chatting to him and I do like him alot.

He went about it the wrong way and didn't apologise or give me the heads up on what he did. It wasn't untill I sent him a paragraph explaining how I felt and he told me that he does like chatting to me too and he did apologize.

A few people are saying walk away now but if I do I'll always the "what if" and if I do carry on chatting to him what if something good will come from this or do I stay chatting and get potentially get upset.

I do like this boy alot and we do get along but I'm scared of letting my guard down and get hurt again like I have done in the past.

Any advice will be appreciated x

So you want you previous history and feelings about previous failed relationships to predict your future? That is totally unfair on you and any future bf and it does not work anyway! Your potential future bf was not there! He cannot be blamed.
Let your guard down a little bit. Go gradually- and listen to your gut instincts as well. Every relationship will have s little bit of "risk" that comes with it!
Reply 7
Original post by mgi
So you want you previous history and feelings about previous failed relationships to predict your future? That is totally unfair on you and any future bf and it does not work anyway! Your potential future bf was not there! He cannot be blamed.
Let your guard down a little bit. Go gradually- and listen to your gut instincts as well. Every relationship will have s little bit of "risk" that comes with it!

I think I'm gonna stick but like you say take my time and go gradually
Without knowing what he actually did it's pretty difficult to advise you.
Reply 9
Original post by Theloniouss
Without knowing what he actually did it's pretty difficult to advise you.

He basically lied to me ,he just needed to be the honest and that's all I wanted
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I think I'm gonna stick but like you say take my time and go gradually

Yes. There is no rush but you do have to show a bit of openness towards him. People are not identical. See how it goes. Go dlowly yes.
Tell him everything he did wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending