Alexandra03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I want to do undergraduate course in Psychology and I've realised some universities have a placement year (4 years), so if I apply for the 4 years placement year, but I don't get it, does that mean they will automatically put me down for 3 years? Or if I don't get the 4 year placement as there are limited places for that, does that mean I didn't get on that course/uni at all?
Thank you
username3539714
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You can apply for the 4 year course with a placement year and you're likely to be offered a place on that course if you meet the entry requirements, have a suitable personal statement etc. If you get rejected, they may offer the course without a placement year instead so just the 3 year degree.
Alexandra03
Rep:
?
(Original post by AM_TSR)
You can apply for the 4 year course with a placement year and you're likely to be offered a place on that course if you meet the entry requirements, have a suitable personal statement etc. If you get rejected, they may offer the course without a placement year instead so just the 3 year degree.
Is the 3 year degree automatically guaranteed if I don't get the 4 year?
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Alexandra03)
Is the 3 year degree automatically guaranteed if I don't get the 4 year?
It's not guaranteed as there's the possibility of being rejected for whatever reason. I would always suggest applying for the course which includes a placement year though
Last edited by username3539714; 8 months ago
Alexandra03
Rep:
?
(Original post by AM_TSR)
It's not guaranteed as there's the possibility of being rejected for whatever reason. I would always suggest applying for the course which includes a placement year though
Great, Thank you
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Great, Thank you
No problem, best of luck!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I want to do undergraduate course in Psychology and I've realised some universities have a placement year (4 years), so if I apply for the 4 years placement year, but I don't get it, does that mean they will automatically put me down for 3 years? Or if I don't get the 4 year placement as there are limited places for that, does that mean I didn't get on that course/uni at all?
Thank you
Hi Alexandra03!

I know the user above has answered all your questions which is great! But I just wanted to let you know how much I recommend applying for the course with the placement. Placements are a really great thing to do as they are a great thing to put on your CV and stand out amongst others in job applications after Uni, and they are also great as the company you work for in your placement might offer you a job for after Uni. These are great things to keep in mind when going into Psychology as I believe Psychology related jobs are quite competitive. Hopefully this helps a bit if you weren't sure about whether to apply to the 4 year or 3 year course! Also even though there are great reasons to do a placement, not everyone will sign up for the 3 year course. Many students would rather study for 3 years and then seek employment.

Hope this helps!
Erin - Official Student Rep
Alexandra03
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi Alexandra03!

I know the user above has answered all your questions which is great! But I just wanted to let you know how much I recommend applying for the course with the placement. Placements are a really great thing to do as they are a great thing to put on your CV and stand out amongst others in job applications after Uni, and they are also great as the company you work for in your placement might offer you a job for after Uni. These are great things to keep in mind when going into Psychology as I believe Psychology related jobs are quite competitive. Hopefully this helps a bit if you weren't sure about whether to apply to the 4 year or 3 year course! Also even though there are great reasons to do a placement, not everyone will sign up for the 3 year course. Many students would rather study for 3 years and then seek employment.

Hope this helps!
Erin - Official Student Rep
Brilliant, thank you! So for example if i apply for psychology placement year, which I really wanted, but unfortunately i don't get it, will i get put for the 3 year course or do I have to apply for the 3 year course separately?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (416)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (320)
43.48%

Watched Threads