Jshek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Can someone tell me if southampton uni Bsc Biomedical science is accredited or not?

How do I become biomedical scientist and do I get paid during training? It said that starting salary for BMS is 24-30k so is that during training or when I actually start with a BMS job? Is finding a BMS hard?

What's your salary? And how many years are you a biomedical scientist. What's the highest salary a BMS earn. Will I live comfortable?

Please answer all questions. Thanks, if anyone want to not suggest this career path what should i do? I do maths chem bio.
bits.of.bio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No it isn't. Southampton solent is though if you want to stay in southampton.
You can find a full list of accredited degrees here;
https://careers.ibms.org/students/ac...te-uk-courses/
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Graduating with an IBMS accreditted degree is the easy part. If your degree doesn't include HCPC registration, which Biomedical Science courses don't, you have find a Trainee Biomedical Scientist job which is paid at slightly less than Band 5.

There is though, an alternative. Very few people take it and everybody that doesn't wishes they had when they find out how competitive Trainee Biomedical Scientist jobs are.

https://nshcs.hee.nhs.uk/services/ac...ic-programmes/

Here is a list of Universities that offer BSc Healthcare Science. To become a Biomedical Scientist you want the "Life Science" variant. Unfortunately I believe Southampton recently lost their course. It is the only degree where the you graduate being able to work as a Biomedical Scientist. No further training. This is because it is the only degree that actually gets you your HCPC Registration as a part of the course. It does this by having integrated placements during the course. 10 weeks during the Year 1 summer. 15 weeks during the Year 2 summer and 3-4 days a week during final year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads