The Student Room Group

Official Nursing 2021 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annielou89
Silly point but have you checked your spam/junk folder? One of my Sheffield ones ended up in there

Yeah haha I check all folders religiously throughout the day! :/
Original post by Calibann
Yeah haha I check all folders religiously throughout the day! :/

Thought you would have but just wanted to put it out there just in case :smile:
Has anyone had their interview with middlesex and how was it?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nilaxx
Hi has anyone had interviews from BCU for Adult Nursing, what was it like? Do you have any advice and tips please, what do you recommend I look up on, please?
Many thanks Xxx

Hii, im in the same boat as you. have you had your interview with bcu? if so what questions were you asked?
How long from interview to offer please? I finished my A Levels in 2007 and my degree in 2013 and have already uploaded proof of my qualifications.

It was 2 weeks to get an offer from Nottingham University after the interview.
Original post by Tim Hawks

Thankyou
Original post by Tim Hawks

Thanks for the reply Tim :smile:
hii
anyone thinking of firming uni of Leeds and what accommodation is ppl applying for xx
Hey,
sorry is this is long to read, I'm new to this.
In my Uni of Leeds interview the other day they mentioned that Lupton, Oxley and Tannery are standard nursing student accom as the course is 45 weeks and is best to stay with other students.
I was wondering if it is best to stick to these accommodations to avoid being alone for a few weeks (or even mandatory) or if you guys are just going for which looks best?

Original post by purplepigeon
Got an offer from Southampton for Adult Nursing this morning! ☺️
Anyone else?

congrats !! I got an offer for Mental health nursing !
Original post by student4953
Hi there, I've had my middlesex interview and it was the best and worst interview as well! You do need to have some medical background e.g. knowing a bit more indepth realistic knowledge on what a nurse does in their day (which was the worst part for me because I gave a vague answer and panicked a little) But the interviewers are soooooo nice like absoluetly charming and were reassuring. I got an unconditional offer from them and I'm tyring to find more people who are going to middlesex :biggrin:

Hi have you got any tips for the interview? I’ve applied for child nursing.
Original post by sam.richo
Hey,
In my Uni of Leeds interview the other day they mentioned that Lupton, Oxley and Tannery are standard nursing student accom as the course is 45 weeks and is best to stay with other students.
I was wondering if it is best to stick to these accommodations to avoid being alone for a few weeks (or even mandatory) or if you guys are just going for which looks best?

hey I don't really know much about uni accom but I think it is good staying in nursing accomm cus everyone is obvs doing the same course and doing similar placements and hours so I think it might be helpful to be with nursing students but I don't know much about it x
Original post by Leticiamartins
nope mines on the 13th of march, good luck !

Hi have you had your interview yet with middlesex and do you have any tips?
I've got an unconditional offer for Adult at Nottingham
How important is the numeracy test? I had an interview yesterday and I think the first three were okay, but I panicked at the last one and just said the first option, which I knew wasn't right :mad:
I've got an unconditional offer for Adult at Nottingham

Congratulations. Fantastic news. My daughters waiting to see if she gets Birmingham and she is going to choose then. I went to Nottingham years ago and had a fantastic time. It’s a really beautiful campus with fantastic facilities. Well done. Tim
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
How important is the numeracy test? I had an interview yesterday and I think the first three were okay, but I panicked at the last one and just said the first option, which I knew wasn't right :mad:

I’d say the actual interview is more important, there’s been several people on this thread and others who have had offers after getting some of the questions wrong.
I think all universities are different. I know that the university that my daughter is applying for try to put nursing students together as they will be more mindful of your shift patterns etc and they will be more considerate of noise etc. I think this makes sense.
Original post by sam.richo
Hey,

This isn’t mandatory! I emailed the school of healthcare about this and they said they highly recommend it as it can be noisy living with other students while you’re on placement etc and the course runs slightly differently so you’d be alone in your flat for weeks at a time as we get less holidays.

I personally think Oxley is a bit far from the city centre so I’m undecided wether to go for the tannery or for a nice looking accommodation. I’m really tempted by white rose view but can’t decide if it’s better to stick with the nursing accommodation
Original post by Amy linken
hii
anyone thinking of firming uni of Leeds and what accommodation is ppl applying for xx

I firmed Leeds!

Cant decide wether to stick with the tannery as they recommend it or apply somewhere nicer! White rose view looks really nice but wondering wether it’s better to stick to nursing accom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending