The Student Room Group

Did you keep contact with your flatmates?

Hey y’all
If you’ve been sharing a flat with people you don’t know or if you were staying at accommodations with students you didn’t know, how are your experiences after moving out the place? Do you still keep contact with all or one of them? Do you miss them? Did you become really good friends? Did they never text you again? Did you have a good bond but it faded?
I'm still in touch with some.
Meet up occasionally, exchange birthday and Christmas gifts.
Canines and humans.
Steer clear of the weirdos, thieving housemates and those who tried to avoid paying bills or were in the habit of forcing others to contribute towards their own bills.
From 1st uni, no. I didn't stay in touch with anyone.

From 2nd uni, I didn't house-share... but am in touch with quite a few of them. At a distance.

From 3rd uni, I didn't house-share either... and I thought I got along with people quite well in uni, but somehow it feels like most of us just aren't on the same wavelength anymore. It feels like lots of people were having some sorts of 'issues' in the first year of their jobs, and nobody had the time to just meet up or even talk about it. P!ssed me off. Most people seemed to mainly look for ways to 'brush their problems under the rug' and seek out people who would help them with this, instead of actually helping each other.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey y’all
If you’ve been sharing a flat with people you don’t know or if you were staying at accommodations with students you didn’t know, how are your experiences after moving out the place? Do you still keep contact with all or one of them? Do you miss them? Did you become really good friends? Did they never text you again? Did you have a good bond but it faded?

Hey,

I lived in a shared house for my for first and second year with friends that I knew so with them I still speak to them and we meet from time to time. As for my third year, I lived in a shared accommodation where I had an en suite room and shared kitchen facilities. With the people in my third year accommodation, some of them I have become very good friends with so we talk even when away and meet from time to time. Some of them I don't talk to at all after moving out so I would say it depends on the relationship you guys built when you were living together.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending