The Student Room Group

I’m waiting til marriage AMA

I’m waiting til marriage, not just to have sex, but to do anything physical, including kissing.

When I tell people this, they’re often confused and dont know why I would, so here anyone curious can ask me any questions!

Scroll to see replies

You christian?
Reply 2
Is there a religious reason?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You christian?

Original post by Megxn0
Is there a religious reason?

Nope
does the person you marry have to to a virgin and have never kissed anyone too?
also what made you decide to wait?
I’m waiting til marriage, not just to have sex, but to do anything physical, including kissing.

When I tell people this, they’re often confused and dont know why I would, so here anyone curious can ask me any questions!

I rate that. Whats your motive?
Is it because of your parents?
Why do you feel the need to alert other people of your decision?
Reply 8
I’m waiting til marriage, not just to have sex, but to do anything physical

does this include anything else which most people would consider really abnormal, e.g: hugging as well or the (rarely used) cheek kiss greeting.
In your opinion if your marriage partner has sex with another do you consider it cheating since the relationship wasn’t founded on sex and not a key part of marriage
What is your opinion on 15 year olds having sex regularly?
Do you truly believe you will reach marriage with this mentality? not in a rude way but it’s such an important part of a relationship and u may just feel like you’re marrying a friend by the end and after that it may be awkward

Have you been in a situation where you had to turn down potential partners because they didn’t want to wait till marriage?
does the person you marry have to to a virgin and have never kissed anyone too?
also what made you decide to wait?

Ideally yes, but I think its so common nowadays to be intimate before marriage that if I met someone who had kissed before, I would accept it. If they hd sex, Id definitely be very reluctant, only because I waited and would want them to have done the same, but if we did connect then it wouldnt stop me from marrying them.

I rate that. Whats your motive?

The reason I’ve chosen to wait is because I feel like all these things are so casual now and I want it to really mean something to me. It might sound old fashioned but things have happened to me in the past that I don’t really want to go into, which makes want to really make sure that when I am intimate it does mean something
Original post by datwayvanessa
Is it because of your parents?

Nope not at all
Original post by β0b
does this include anything else which most people would consider really abnormal, e.g: hugging as well or the (rarely used) cheek kiss greeting.

I guess not, hugging and stuff is ok but I refrain from them for the most part
In your opinion if your marriage partner has sex with another do you consider it cheating since the relationship wasn’t founded on sex and not a key part of marriage

Yes I would still consider it cheating - sex would be a key part of our marriage that I would want to be just between us

Honestly i respect your decision a lot and respect you for not just doing whatever body else does. I hope you find the perfect guy and have a long happy marriage with him.

I myself am trying to not have sex or do anything intimate before marriage like you however my choice is due to religion and tbh if i didn't believe in my religion i can almost certainly guarantee i would've done something, so i have a lot of admiration that you are doing it completely of your own free will and have nothing actually stopping you except yourself.
What is your opinion on 15 year olds having sex regularly?

Thats their choice so I’m cool with it
Do you truly believe you will reach marriage with this mentality? not in a rude way but it’s such an important part of a relationship and u may just feel like you’re marrying a friend by the end and after that it may be awkward

Yeah I do think I can reach marriage - I’m not planning on having a long relationship and I feel like sex can be a special thing for after marriahe
Original post by Olivia.Omo16
Have you been in a situation where you had to turn down potential partners because they didn’t want to wait till marriage?

Yes - but its something I make clear straight away so if they’re not cool with it then thats fine and I cut it off before I catch feelings for them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending