The Student Room Group

Deleted.

Deleted.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Mslonely
I'm due to start nursing this year hopefully If I get the grades. I don't know how they would do that with online teaching as theirs a lot more to it than just the biology and lecture aspect. I would need to be able to practice on dummies and stuff before sent on to placement?

As someone on their first year of a nursing degree. We really have no answers. Just have to wait till September and see what they say. It may be lectures are online but small group sessions can go ahead but who knows 😕
Reply 2
Original post by Mslonely
Hopefully. If I did get into uni (hope I do) I don't think I would be comfortable to go on to placement with no experience.

I highly doubt any uni would send you to placement without any experience. I feel that if it’s not safe to have on campus teaching then I doubt you’d be allowed to go into placements.
Reply 3
Just to add to what pugglet has very rightly said, quite a few uni's (Cambridge, Lincoln, Manchester, Bournemouth etc) have confirmed that lectures will be online in september as its difficult to socially distance in lecture theatres, but smaller group classes/ tutorials/ seminars/ practicals are being planned for face-to-face teaching whilst following social distancing guidance. It's possible that clinical skills sessions & simulations will be included under 'practicals' for us. :smile:
Of course this is all conditional on what happens between now & september lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending