The Student Room Group

resitting my a level exams and application to university

Due to the current climate I might have to resit my exams and I honestly believe I will. I believe if I resit them this summer i can achieve AA in the two I'm resitting at least. However I don't want to sit the third exam because my passion for the subject has wavered a bit and learning it would feel like a chore. My friend has said if I want to apply for a top job for example investment banking ,which I don't necessarily it'd just something that crossed my mind but I highly doubt I'll do, they will look at my exams and wonder why I got the lower level in the third or question the date of my exam if I was to resit it after I've graduated university. if you're wondering what the third exam is its biology and I've contemplated doing a different a level altogether however would it even be possible within a few months ? What if I sat economics is it quick to learn ? I did contemplate chemistry but I'm not even sure if I could do it within that time frame despite being told that exam questions are very similar.
Reply 1
This is definitely a concern for many of us at the moment. All I can really help you with is the question about economics (sorry). I will say that economics at A level is an amazing subject, and there are some topics that are very straightforward but some that aren’t so much. It may be a good idea to look at Econplusdal on YouTube to get a flavour of the course.
Original post by JSA2020
This is definitely a concern for many of us at the moment. All I can really help you with is the question about economics (sorry). I will say that economics at A level is an amazing subject, and there are some topics that are very straightforward but some that aren’t so much. It may be a good idea to look at Econplusdal on YouTube to get a flavour of the course.

I'll look at some point today thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest