xsowmix
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm trying to do a dissertation about how covid-19 affects our CNS and PNS. My teacher said that I should alter my question to a 'why' question as my dissertation need to have a two-sided argument. How can I adapt my question so it consists of an argument?
bleepbloop63
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
what is your original question?
xsowmix
Rep:
(Original post by bleepbloop63)
what is your original question
How does SARS-CoV-2 affects the human's central and peripheral nervous system?
bleepbloop63
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xsowmix)
How does SARS-CoV-2 affects the human's central and peripheral nervous system?
would ‘why does SARS-CoV-2 affect the humans central and peripheral nervous system?’ work?
xsowmix
Rep:
would ‘why does SARS-CoV-2 affect the humans central and peripheral nervous system?’ work?
how could i make it onto a two-sided argument?
josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
does SARS-CoV affect the humans central and peripheral nervous system
bleepbloop63
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
how could i make it onto a two-sided argument?
that although it does affect them, a lot of the time the people who are worst affected by it have underlying health conditions so the extent of which it affects it is uncertain
xsowmix
Rep:
that although it does affect them, a lot of the time the people who are worst affected by it have underlying health conditions so the extent of which it affects it is uncertain
so would it be better if it was " To what extent does SARS-CoV-2 affects the human's CNS and PNS?" ??
xsowmix
Rep:
Reality Check could you give your opinion??
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Reality Check could you give your opinion??
Of course - thanks for tagging me in

I think your suggested title of 'To what extent does SARS CoV2 affect the human CNS and PNS' gives enough scope for discussion. The only thing you're going to need to be careful of is the literature - it's obviously a fast moving situation, and you can go to bed one day thinking you're on top of the papers only to find in the morning another sheaf of really important data and analysis has been published. Keeping it current, based in evidence and tightly focussed on the question is going to be quite a challenge. You might be better just focussing on either the CNS or PNS, to be honest. It's always better to be a bit too narrow than a bit too broad with your research question.
xsowmix
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
Of course - thanks for tagging me in

I think your suggested title of 'To what extent does SARS CoV2 affect the human CNS and PNS' gives enough scope for discussion. The only thing you're going to need to be careful of is the literature - it's obviously a fast moving situation, and you can go to bed one day thinking you're on top of the papers only to find in the morning another sheaf of really important data and analysis has been published. Keeping it current, based in evidence and tightly focussed on the question is going to be quite a challenge. You might be better just focussing on either the CNS or PNS, to be honest. It's always better to be a bit too narrow than a bit too broad with your research question.
thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.5%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27%
No (52)
26%
I'm not sure (27)
13.5%

Watched Threads