KiaraStudy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would bio,chem and philosophy be good a-levels to study optometry? And would philosophy/ehtics be counted as a general studies a-level, do i need to pick something like pychology or maths?
belugawhale898
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You only really need Bio and Chem for optometry so for your third I'd chose which ever a level you'd enjoy and find interesting. I'm sure philosophy/ethics would be counted as a suitable a level.
amingo26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
'General Studies' is a name for an actual A-Level. There's an A-Level called General studies so as long as you're not doing that, it's fine.

I've done some research and most universities ask for: two subjects from: maths, physics, chemistry and biology. The third subject can be any subject excluding general studies and critical thinking.

So you have your bio and chem so pick whichever 3rd A-level takes your fancy
KiaraStudy
Rep:
?
(Original post by amingo26)
'General Studies' is a name for an actual A-Level. There's an A-Level called General studies so as long as you're not doing that, it's fine.

I've done some research and most universities ask for: two subjects from: maths, physics, chemistry and biology. The third subject can be any subject excluding general studies and critical thinking.

So you have your bio and chem so pick whichever 3rd A-level takes your fancy
Yayyy Im so happy thank you so much!
KiaraStudy
Rep:
?
(Original post by belugawhale898)
You only really need Bio and Chem for optometry so for your third I'd chose which ever a level you'd enjoy and find interesting. I'm sure philosophy/ethics would be counted as a suitable a level.
Yay thank you so much!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads