AmyJeanManson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi

I was wondering if anybody else had applied for the online distance learning LLB this year? If anyone has, it would be great to chat.

Amy
dmacg7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hiya,I have applied for the distance learning course, still haven’t heard back however.
AmyJeanManson
Rep:
?
Hi! I heard back towards the end of last week, and thankfully I was accepted! Fingers crossed you will hear back soon. Apparently the course leader goes through the applications in random large batches I was told.
dmacg7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That’s great! Well done. Hopefully I don’t have to wait much longer..

Have you studied at university before?
AmyJeanManson
Rep:
?
Thank you very much! 😁 I went to RGU for a year back in 2017 after I finished school so did about a years worth of exams, but I dropped out due to homesickness. How about you?
dmacg7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I studied Law for 1.5 years at UoD before leaving due to personal reasons - missed the final exams of second year. For the exams I sat I achieved pretty decent grades, mainly B’s.

Also over the last year or so I’ve had a job that involves a lot of property law so I hope this helps my chances a wee bit!
AmyJeanManson
Rep:
?
(Original post by dmacg7)
I studied Law for 1.5 years at UoD before leaving due to personal reasons - missed the final exams of second year. For the exams I sat I achieved pretty decent grades, mainly B’s.

Also over the last year or so I’ve had a job that involves a lot of property law so I hope this helps my chances a wee bit!
Aw so you have a pretty good legal background anyway, you definitely have a strong chance of getting in! I work as a trainee paralegal at a property firm right now and I think that helped me. Did you apply for the full time or part time course if you don't mind me asking?
dmacg7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AmyJeanManson)
Aw so you have a pretty good legal background anyway, you definitely have a strong chance of getting in! I work as a trainee paralegal at a property firm right now and I think that helped me. Did you apply for the full time or part time course if you don't mind me asking?
Fingers crossed! Just hope I hear back soon, it’s been about 5 and half months since I applied.

Yeah that would’ve helped a lot I’m sure.

I applied for the part time course as it will allow me to work alongside it - I wouldn’t want to leave entirely as I’m communicating with solicitors from multiple law firms on a daily basis and I think it’s quite good experience to have, I’m sure you feel the same at your job. Also I have rent to pay... haha.

Which did you apply for?
Last edited by dmacg7; 4 months ago
AmyJeanManson
Rep:
?
I've my fingers crossed for you! I applied about Christmas time.

That sounds like a good idea! I applied for full time but have since realised that probably wasn't a good idea and SAAS won't cover part of the tuition fees for that, so I've messaged and asked if I can be changed for part time! At least then SAAS will cover some of it, I am already worried about paying the tuition fee as it is! Haha
dmacg7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AmyJeanManson)
I've my fingers crossed for you! I applied about Christmas time.

That sounds like a good idea! I applied for full time but have since realised that probably wasn't a good idea and SAAS won't cover part of the tuition fees for that, so I've messaged and asked if I can be changed for part time! At least then SAAS will cover some of it, I am already worried about paying the tuition fee as it is! Haha
Thanks! Will update here when I hear back.

Yeah the fees are a pain but what can you do!
AmyJeanManson
Rep:
?

Great, speak soon hopefully!

Haha I know.
AmyJeanManson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

Hi, did you end up hearing back from RGU?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed