12%
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Given the current situation i thought i could spend my time productively, I would like to ask someone with some experience if building a drone for my EPQ would be a good idea. The drone would be fpv (like VR) and have capabilities to carry a vaccine/meds for covid-19. I'm not sure if this idea isn't difficult enough/ too random. I have the skills necessary to complete the project well however I'm not sure if the project would be recognised as more of a hobby than something with academic value. I would be aiming for a relatively good result.

Right now the project is just a though so any feedback on the idea would be greatly appreciated.
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 12%)
Given the current situation i thought i could spend my time productively, I would like to ask someone with some experience if building a drone for my EPQ would be a good idea. The drone would be fpv (like VR) and have capabilities to carry a vaccine/meds for covid-19. I'm not sure if this idea isn't difficult enough/ too random. I have the skills necessary to complete the project well however I'm not sure if the project would be recognised as more of a hobby than something with academic value. I would be aiming for a relatively good result.

Right now the project is just a though so any feedback on the idea would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I am looking to build a model bridge for my epq (I want to study civil engineering at uni), so I am also planning to do an artifact for my project. I think your idea is good, although it would currently look like a hobby. To turn it into something of academic value you would have to do some research behind it, maybe the history of the drone and how it has become what it is today or maybe some research into different techniques used to make a drone and how you are applying these to the drone you are building.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (323)
56.08%
I don't have everything I need (253)
43.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise