Zhen Hui
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, hope everyone's safe. Im wondering if I am able to get into LSE's Data Science undergraduate degree without any prior experiences in the subject Economics (in GCSEs and A-levels) even though it doesn't specify Economics as a required subject but some of the modules in the course focuses on Economics. Cheers!
algoko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Zhen Hui)
Hi, hope everyone's safe. Im wondering if I am able to get into LSE's Data Science undergraduate degree without any prior experiences in the subject Economics (in GCSEs and A-levels) even though it doesn't specify Economics as a required subject but some of the modules in the course focuses on Economics. Cheers!
Yes! A-Level Economics isn't even required for BSc Economics at LSE. I really don't think they discriminate against anyone without experience with Economics - you will take a different module if you haven't taken A-Level Econ (eg you will take Econ A/B depending on if you have done A-level or not), and you will quickly catch up. Some people say they prefer people without as A-level Econ is infamously very different to university level economics anyway. LSE is much more interested in your experience with maths (eg further maths is a must for quite a lot of their courses) than econ. Best of luck!
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, LSE have always leaned towards maths as an important subject and Economics as something they're able to teach you proactively. The course modules only show that there are micro/macro economic content. Therefore, it does seem that the course will not be so heavy into economics. Just ensure your Mathematics A Level has a good predicted grade.
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Zhen Hui)
There is no Economics requirement. We expect applicants to demonstrate interest in the programme content in their Personal Statement, but aside from Mathematics there are no subject specific requirements. Please see the programme page for guidance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads