Anyone who's gotten an A in A level Chemistry help me!

Watch
Imaan2109
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm a year 12 student doing OCR b A level Chemistry. I need some help. I really want to get an A as I am wanting to do Medicine. Can somebody who has achieved an A or A* help me?
Exdoz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Imaan2109)
I'm a year 12 student doing OCR b A level Chemistry. I need some help. I really want to get an A as I am wanting to do Medicine. Can somebody who has achieved an A or A* help me?
I did AQA but in terms of achieving the grades, same principle applies.
To keep it short, just keep up with class work and always consolidate when you come home. So when you come home, make your resources and try find ways to memorise it. Then on the weekend you can read ahead. And always spend time here and there to recall Year 12 work.

After finishing a topic, do exam questions on it. People tend to do (including me) exam questions right at the end of Year 13 once the spec has finished (unless there were tests in school). But doing this is inefficient and you will realise doing the questions from the start would be more useful.
whippedcream
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What aspect of A Level Chemistry do you need help with? Are you finding it difficult to understand? Are you struggling with the exams?? etc.
Imaan2109
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by whippedcream)
What aspect of A Level Chemistry do you need help with? Are you finding it difficult to understand? Are you struggling with the exams?? etc.
I'm just really struggling with revision and memorisation
whippedcream
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm just really struggling with revision and memorisation
With A-Level chem the key is to do a ton of past papers, try to get in as much practice as you can especially with calculation type questions and more repetitive longer answer ones.
Honestly try to actually understand what's going on it helps it all stick better instead of rote learning it all- obviously with stuff like ion tests you can't really 'understand' it but try maybe things like acronyms, etc.
For organic don't learn it straight from the textbook, make an organic synthesis map- basically an A4 sheet with all the functional groups and arrows and under each arrow you include the reagents, conditions, type of reaction, etc. e.g. alkene----->Alcohol= hydration, 300 degrees C, phosphoric acid catalyst..... I hope that makes sense???
I hope this is somewhat useful....pm me if you have any other questions... more than happy to help!!
Last edited by whippedcream; 7 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.37%
I don't have everything I need (73)
37.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed