The Student Room Group

What A level pairing would be best for Pharmacy and Dentistry

So due to schools closing prematurely mine has decided to sort out transition A Level classes for us online to get a head start, i've chosen maths, physics and geography for it and after two months I've been looking into dentistry and pharmacy. I enjoy biology and geography and I've been sceptical of maths due to me struggling with it over the years but I've been improving in our recent mocks before the virus. Chemistry has also been a bit confusing for me.
So which pairing would be best for Dentistry and Pharmacy. ( My school has advised us to only do 3)

Biology, Chemistry and Maths

Biology, Chemistry and Geography
Reply 1
Most courses only ask for Chemistry and Biology. A few courses prefer Maths in conjunction with that, however a solid grade in Chemistry and Biology as well as work experience and such can get you accepted into most courses, for both Dentistry and Pharmacy. I would personally find Maths very fitting, however that comes from the perspective of someone who is confident in that subject. If you are sceptical of it, I would advise against it as most entry requirements for these courses start at AAB at the lowest, meaning you're practically competing with straight A and A* students. If choosing Maths puts you in a compromising position then I would do Geography and just get a very solid personal statement and work experience. Maths can come naturally to some people and not so much to others. It's a lot of hard work to get a high grade in it if you didn't do great at GCSE at the bare minimum.
Reply 2
Original post by Broque_
Most courses only ask for Chemistry and Biology. A few courses prefer Maths in conjunction with that, however a solid grade in Chemistry and Biology as well as work experience and such can get you accepted into most courses, for both Dentistry and Pharmacy. I would personally find Maths very fitting, however that comes from the perspective of someone who is confident in that subject. If you are sceptical of it, I would advise against it as most entry requirements for these courses start at AAB at the lowest, meaning you're practically competing with straight A and A* students. If choosing Maths puts you in a compromising position then I would do Geography and just get a very solid personal statement and work experience. Maths can come naturally to some people and not so much to others. It's a lot of hard work to get a high grade in it if you didn't do great at GCSE at the bare minimum.

Thank you very much, appreciate the advice

Quick Reply

Latest