Willmish
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I am an EU student and currently holding offers for BEng Comp Sci at UoE and MEng integrated masters comp sci at UCL. I'm still not sure which one to firm and I was wondering if someone maybe has some info as to why one might be better than the other.

Additional Questions:
How have other EU students managed at a University in London financially or even in Edinburgh?
What job opportunities are there after finishing each course? Are the earnings really that different as it says e.g. here:
UCL-- https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/univer...0-40a4aa07bf5c
Edinburgh -- https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/univer...0-d63e806df2a7

Is it feasible to get a job on the first year in industry at UCL or UoE?

How supportive are the professors at each university if you are interested in expanding ur knowledge beyond the course?
Last edited by Willmish; 1 year ago
M.Amin1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ucl is better for computer science
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Willmish)
I am an EU student and currently holding offers for BEng Comp Sci at UoE and MEng integrated masters comp sci at UCL. I'm still not sure which one to firm and I was wondering if someone maybe has some info as to why one might be better than the other.
One major consideration for me would be that it's 4 years for a BEng at Edinburgh, whereas at UCL, you could get an MEng after the same time. That may be a plus or a minus, depending upon your point of view. London is more expensive, although an extra year also costs.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 1 year ago
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Willmish)
Hi,

Additional Questions:
How have other EU students managed at a University in London financially or even in Edinburgh?
What job opportunities are there after finishing each course? Are the earnings really that different as it says e.g. here:
UCL-- https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/univer...0-40a4aa07bf5c
Edinburgh -- https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/univer...0-d63e806df2a7

Is it feasible to get a job on the first year in industry at UCL or UoE?

How supportive are the professors at each university if you are interested in expanding ur knowledge beyond the course?
If you dont have fees at Edinburgh but do at UCL thats a huge consideration - although partly offset by the course lasting an extra year.
Willmish
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
One major consideration for me would be that it's 4 years for a BEng at Edinburgh, whereas at UCL, you could get an MEng after the same time. That may be a plus or a minus, depending upon your point of view. London is more expensive, although an extra year also costs.
Hi, thanks for your reply. That is indeed one of the factors I am considering when choosing between them. It might turn out that financially there isn't that big of a difference, although London is more expensive, achieving a Master's would take me the same amount of time it does to get a Bachelor's in Scotland.
Willmish
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
If you dont have fees at Edinburgh but do at UCL thats a huge consideration - although partly offset by the course lasting an extra year.
Hi and thanks for your reply. Yes, indeed that is a big thing, as I might finish the course without any debt, but the only thing that is keeping me from making that decision, is the fact that Edinburgh is pretty expensive too and if I choose it, I will simply spend more time getting the degree than in UCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise