CertHE at Birbecks's in Legal Studies???

Watch
Curlyhaj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Do you recommend it?
Are there any people who got into RG or Top Universities partecipating in this course?
Is it hard to get high grades?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Curlyhaj)
Do you recommend it?
Are there any people who got into RG or Top Universities partecipating in this course?
Is it hard to get high grades?
Nope and no idea.

Just do A levels or access like everyone else.
Curlyhaj
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Nope and no idea.

Just do A levels or access like everyone else.
why would you answer if you don't know anything about it?lol
I am unable to do the quoted qualifications because I come from another country and I would need t least 2-3 years to complete a levels/access before being able to apply for Uni.
999tigger
Report 4 months ago
why would you answer if you don't know anything about it?lol
I am unable to do the quoted qualifications because I come from another country and I would need t least 2-3 years to complete a levels/access before being able to apply for Uni.
I said I wouldnt do it.
Do go ahead though and see how much use it is for you.
Do you have aspirations to some sort of legal career back in your home country or are you expecting that to help you with some sort of career in the UK?
Curlyhaj
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I said I wouldnt do it.
Do go ahead though and see how much use it is for you.
Do you have aspirations to some sort of legal career back in your home country or are you expecting that to help you with some sort of career in the UK?
No i wanted to use it to get into Uni to study Law, since I saw that a lot of people got into very highly-ranked Universities (some even into Oxford!) by taking this course.
999tigger
Report 4 months ago
No i wanted to use it to get into Uni to study Law, since I saw that a lot of people got into very highly-ranked Universities (some even into Oxford!) by taking this course.
Ok good luck with it.
I would have taken the other route, but that appears not to be fast enough for you.
If its going to work for you, then go for it.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I saw that a lot of people got into very highly-ranked Universities (some even into Oxford!) by taking this course.
Why ask a question if you think you already have the answer?

You can progress onto the LLB at Birkbeck with it but if you want to go to another uni, you better check their entry requirements. Most will list one year Access courses as suitable, or International Foundation programmes or their own foundation law programmes but they don't mention this course so it seems rather a risky choice to me. You will need to research it carefully.
Curlyhaj
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Why ask a question if you think you already have the answer?

You can progress onto the LLB at Birkbeck with it but if you want to go to another uni, you better check their entry requirements. Most will list one year Access courses as suitable, or International Foundation programmes or their own foundation law programmes but they don't mention this course so it seems rather a risky choice to me. You will need to research it carefully.
Because the people I was talking about, many of them are from old posts and I wanted to see if there were other โ€œnewโ€ people who got in. Plus, in the whole paragraph I wrote, I was talking more to people who did the course than people who did not.
However, thank you for the reply, just today I sent an email to all Universities I am interested in, so I hope it goes well!
Nelson Menis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi!I have two friends taking this course. One took it last year, and she got and average of 70% (at level 4, which is a very good result) and she was accepted at UCL! She is actually less happy at UCL then when she was at Birkbeck...My other friend is taking the programme now, and he is really happy. He already got an offer from Birmingham Uni for the LLB. He also told me that a fellow student has been accepted to one of the Colleges at Cambridge and he was told that Oxford University asks students who do not have A levels to take the Birkbeck Certificate programme first.So I would consider taking the Certificate because it gives you lots of options. Birkbeck is also a well known university, you should not underestimate it! It really depends which sort of experience you want. Take care
Last edited by Nelson Menis; 4 months ago
Curlyhaj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nelson Menis)
Hi!I have two friends taking this course. One took it last year, and she got and average of 70% (at level 4, which is a very good result) and she was accepted at UCL! She is actually less happy at UCL then when she was at Birkbeck...My other friend is taking the programme now, and he is really happy. He already got an offer from Birmingham Uni for the LLB. He also told me that a fellow student has been accepted to one of the Colleges at Cambridge and he was told that Oxford University asks students who do not have A levels to take the Birkbeck Certificate programme first.So I would consider taking the Certificate because it gives you lots of options. Birkbeck is also a well known university, you should not underestimate it! It really depends which sort of experience you want. Take care
Hey, thanks for the replies, you made me more enthusiast than before about taking this course. Quick question, are your friends mature students?
Nelson Menis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, thanks for the replies, you made me more enthusiast than before about taking this course. Quick question, are your friends mature students?
Hi, yes, both are above 21. The first is 23 years old and the second is in his early 30s.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.74%
I'm not sure (2)
1.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (39)
31.45%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (58)
46.77%

Watched Threads