H&A
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I would like to know if UoM accept access student if they don't meet the entry requirement.
For example I have 2 merits and the rest is all distinctions. I have applied for law and criminology and got an offer so I am a bit stressed as I couldn't not manage to gett all distinctions.
Keele University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by H&A)
I would like to know if UoM accept access student if they don't meet the entry requirement.
For example I have 2 merits and the rest is all distinctions. I have applied for law and criminology and got an offer so I am a bit stressed as I couldn't not manage to gett all distinctions.
Those are still great results so don't be disheartened - you should be proud to have achieved merits and distinctions!

It'll probably depend upon how popular the course you've applied to is as to whether the university can be flexible on their stated entry requirements - and how much flexibility there is in that.

If you already have an offer but haven't quite reached the grades initially stated, it is certainly worth speaking with the university admissions team to discuss rather than making the assumption you won't get in.

Likewise, if you've yet to get a formal offer but are worried, drop an email or have a chat with university admissions and they can talk you through your options - at Keele, for example, we have a Foundation Year option that provides an alternative route into undergraduate study and is tailored to those who don't quite meet entry requirements, or who are seeking to change subject area for their degree.

Hope that helps!

Amy
Musil
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by H&A)
Hello, my wife got into Manchester this year as a mature student. Contact the faculty as soon as you can, make yourself known, discuss the results, ask if there's anything you could do to add to your portfolio – also discuss your work experience (even if not directly relevant).

Mature students bring skills that people straight out of college don't if they have been in work – you can organise, plan, probably have developed critical thinking skills and so on.

But above all, contact the faculty, be honest and ask them what they want (then get it!) rather than guessing
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by H&A)
Hi there H&A

As Lucy from Keele University says those are GREAT results!

Definitely contact the university direct and discuss your results with them. They'll be happy to hear from you and help you out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can halp answer for you.

Fi :horse:
SoDarkSoCold
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by H&A)
UoM will most likely let you in. They usually have a large number of international students, but because of the Coronavirus they'll be losing 80-90% of them. A lot of UK students also plan on deferring, so at this point universities will just be scrambling to fill places. You also have pretty good grades already, so you will be fine
H&A
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thanks everyone for your advices and I really appreciate it. I hope to get into the university and obviously I will try my best. I will speak to them and hopefully will be fine.

Thansk again 🙂
H&A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keele University)
Those are still great results so don't be disheartened - you should be proud to have achieved merits and distinctions!

It'll probably depend upon how popular the course you've applied to is as to whether the university can be flexible on their stated entry requirements - and how much flexibility there is in that.

If you already have an offer but haven't quite reached the grades initially stated, it is certainly worth speaking with the university admissions team to discuss rather than making the assumption you won't get in.

Likewise, if you've yet to get a formal offer but are worried, drop an email or have a chat with university admissions and they can talk you through your options - at Keele, for example, we have a Foundation Year option that provides an alternative route into undergraduate study and is tailored to those who don't quite meet entry requirements, or who are seeking to change subject area for their degree.

Hope that helps!

Amy
Thanks 🙂 I hope I will make it and I will contact them asap to discuss about my grades.
H&A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Musil)
Hello, my wife got into Manchester this year as a mature student. Contact the faculty as soon as you can, make yourself known, discuss the results, ask if there's anything you could do to add to your portfolio – also discuss your work experience (even if not directly relevant).

Mature students bring skills that people straight out of college don't if they have been in work – you can organise, plan, probably have developed critical thinking skills and so on.

But above all, contact the faculty, be honest and ask them what they want (then get it!) rather than guessing
Thanks for you advice I will surely contact them 🙂
H&A
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoDarkSoCold)
UoM will most likely let you in. They usually have a large number of international students, but because of the Coronavirus they'll be losing 80-90% of them. A lot of UK students also plan on deferring, so at this point universities will just be scrambling to fill places. You also have pretty good grades already, so you will be fine
Thansk it gave me some hopes 😊
H&A
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there H&A

As Lucy from Keele University says those are GREAT results!

Definitely contact the university direct and discuss your results with them. They'll be happy to hear from you and help you out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can halp answer for you.

Fi :horse:
Thanks 😄
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by H&A)
Thanks 😄
No problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads