jacobharmison17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which topic/question is better??

Should healthcare be a human right?¿

Is the advancement of electric cars the future of modern transport??
hcollier
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jacobharmison17)

Hi, I think both questions are extremely important but maybe focus on the second question. I know that electric cars are extremely beneficial for the environment and with how bad global warming is right now the universe could do with some help.
siahere
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say go for the latter due to the whole climate change spiel going on lately. Plus, you could also discuss the economics regarding electric cars as another subtopic. The former doesn't seem like much of a topic to dive deep into IMO and seems pretty direct.
davidthomasjnr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jacobharmison17)

You could do either one; how you write about the aspects of the question is more important. However, if you choose the first question, you could rephrase it so it focuses on a particular theme that could present reasons for or against your question. An example could be:

"Is it economically viable to establish healthcare as a human right?"

In this example, you would focus on the economic principles that would govern if it is possible for healthcare to be a human right, and if so, how far this could be economically justified. However, this still allows the expansion upon philosophical or medical perspectives to further support/ refute the question if you want, because you may find through your research (for example) that it is economically viable, but not medically or philosophically viable.

The key with any question for EPQ is to make it general enough so you have different aspects of the problem to talk about, but specific enough so you can focus your arguments more clearly. Both questions are good enough as they are yes/ no questions, and without changing them, they allow the discussion of several broader factors (political, social, economic, etc). But if you feel the topic is too broad for the first one, you could always rephrase the title to make it more specific, but still give you room to discuss more general themes relevant to the question.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (216)
43.99%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.41%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.5%

Watched Threads