The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
:hugs:Mate, I get that you're feeling like that at the moment, but take everything one step at a time and focus on getting better at the moment. He's talking to you because he cares about you as do we all. You may not see it yet, but we all care about you so, so much and we're not going anywhere. :smile:

Cheers mate - that means so much. I thought I was being daft with my fear of abandonment but it's actually a valid symptom of a valid mental health condition, ya know?
Original post by AndrewPSSP
We can't stand your nurse either :smile: We all care about the both of you - don't ever think otherwise. Good luck for everything b

Thanks! I don't think I've seen you around before - were you an anon? Or new? Either way, nice meeting you, Andrew!
Original post by AnnaBananana
Hi Alex,

Hope the foodโ€™s not too terrible and itโ€™s good that you can get out of your room and talk to other people now. The plus side of a crap nurse is that thereโ€™ll be a shift change and someone different will be along - and youโ€™ve got study to do which is a good reason to ignore them....

Thanks Anna! The food is absolutely rubbish - there's no taste to any of it! The portion sizes are pretty small too and there's no snacks so I'm starving lol. I think I've lost the crappy nurse now, phew.
Original post by Serval36
Hi, I hope you are feeling better :h:.
It's good to see you over here.

I am, actually - I am so damn happy to be alive.
Original post by garlic'nherbdip
Cheers mate - that means so much. I thought I was being daft with my fear of abandonment but it's actually a valid symptom of a valid mental health condition, ya know?

You were never being daft - issues surrounding abandonment are valid symptoms of valid mental health conditions as you say and I think more and more people are accepting that these days, but as I say, we're not going anywhere and we're all here for you, every step of the way :hugs:
Hello wonderful people of TSR, how's life?
I'm not going to read any of the posts from this weekend but I heard you guys still like me so I figured I'd drop by real quick. I want to say a big thank you to everyone, for all you've done for me and Nathan - not just the other day, but ever since he made that first thread. It all means so much to me.
Alex x

Hellloooo, glad you're finally getting some help. We're all super proud of you and definitely don't hate you! :hugs: good luck for your exam tomorrow!
Hello wonderful people of TSR, how's life?
I'm not going to read any of the posts from this weekend but I heard you guys still like me so I figured I'd drop by real quick. I want to say a big thank you to everyone, for all you've done for me and Nathan - not just the other day, but ever since he made that first thread. It all means so much to me.
Alex x

Hey, lovely to hear from you. Sending hugs!
Original post by Anonymous
You were never being daft - issues surrounding abandonment are valid symptoms of valid mental health conditions as you say and I think more and more people are accepting that these days, but as I say, we're not going anywhere and we're all here for you, every step of the way :hugs:

Original post by Serenity-M
Hellloooo, glad you're finally getting some help. We're all super proud of you and definitely don't hate you! :hugs: good luck for your exam tomorrow!

Original post by ChocCheesecake
Hey, lovely to hear from you. Sending hugs!

Thanks so much guys. :hugs:
I'm going to bed now, got that exam tomorrow, innit. It's good knowing I'm still appreciated around here though. Night everyone! x
I'm going to bed now, got that exam tomorrow, innit. It's good knowing I'm still appreciated around here though. Night everyone! x

Good night!
And good luck tomorrow :smile:

:hugs:We never stopped appreciating you! :smile: Best of luck tomorrow - you've got this!
Hi guys, can't sleep :frown:
Original post by nathan1403

:s-smilie:
Did you sleep at least the rest of the night?

Itโ€™s definitely morning so itโ€™s fine to be awake!!!!!
Have you had some sleep?
Original post by Serval36
:s-smilie:
Did you sleep at least the rest of the night?

Original post by Sammylou40
Itโ€™s definitely morning so itโ€™s fine to be awake!!!!!
Have you had some sleep?

Maybe like 3 hours :s-smilie:
Maybe like 3 hours :s-smilie:

Itโ€™s a start. Aim for some fresh air and exercise today. It will help you psychologically and also to get more sleep
Take care

Neither can I lol. You alright Nathan?
Original post by Sammylou40
Itโ€™s a start. Aim for some fresh air and exercise today. It will help you psychologically and also to get more sleep
Take care

Thank you, I'll try :smile: Gotta finish that exam first though :s-smilie:
Neither can I lol. You alright Nathan?

Meh, listening to sad Radiohead songs now :tongue: How about you?
Thank you, I'll try :smile: Gotta finish that exam first though :s-smilie:

Nathan Iโ€™m not sure listening to sad songs is the right thing to be doing at the moment. If you canโ€™t go back to sleep then get up and have some breakfast. See how you feel after that. Perhaps you can go for a short walk before you tackle the rest of the exam.

Don't do that to yourself lol! I'm not bad myself thanks, going to ask my nurse if I can have a mediocre shower, wait for my soggy toast, then sit my African lit exam. Call later?
Original post by Mosaic4
Nathan Iโ€™m not sure listening to sad songs is the right thing to be doing at the moment. If you canโ€™t go back to sleep then get up and have some breakfast. See how you feel after that. Perhaps you can go for a short walk before you tackle the rest of the exam.

I know but I don't want to be happy right now :frown::frown: I'll try and get up right now but I'd rather just stay in bed all day :frown: I'm sorry for being so pathetic
Don't do that to yourself lol! I'm not bad myself thanks, going to ask my nurse if I can have a mediocre shower, wait for my soggy toast, then sit my African lit exam. Call later?

I knoooow, shut up :tongue: Sounds like a perfect morning to me and good luck with the exam!! You got this Alex :biggrin::biggrin: I'll let you know when I'm done with my exam and you can call me anytime after that? :smile:
I know but I don't want to be happy right now :frown::frown: I'll try and get up right now but I'd rather just stay in bed all day :frown: I'm sorry for being so pathetic

I knoooow, shut up :tongue: Sounds like a perfect morning to me and good luck with the exam!! You got this Alex :biggrin::biggrin: I'll let you know when I'm done with my exam and you can call me anytime after that? :smile:

I know you are sad and things are difficult at the moment, but like weโ€™ve said before, you just need to start functioning. Just do the basics. Get up, get dressed, have breakfast etc. There is no need to be sorry.

Right back at ya - you can do it! I'm going to smash that exam in one go so it'll be after lunch if that's alright?

PS: have a (friendly) hug: :hugs:. I'm so sorry.
Original post by Mosaic4
I know you are sad and things are difficult at the moment, but like weโ€™ve said before, you just need to start functioning. Just do the basics. Get up, get dressed, have breakfast etc. There is no need to be sorry.

You sound like such a mum :tongue: But you're right, I'm going to get up now :smile:

Right back at ya - you can do it! I'm going to smash that exam in one go so it'll be after lunch if that's alright?

PS: have a (friendly) hug: :hugs:. I'm so sorry.

Thank you :hugs: Don't apologise, it's not your fault!

Latest