The Student Room Group

Extended Diploma Gaming & Animation Course with an EPQ?

I'm beginning my A-levels in September and I've taken an extended diploma on gaming and animation equivalent to three A-Levels, however, I've been considering taking an EPQ as a fourth course, but I'm not sure if this is the right course of action for me to take.

I've heard taking four courses can be stressful due to the workload and the fourth takes away potential study time for the three A-levels. On the other hand, I've read that taking an EPQ is advantageous as it prepares one for university life/work and looks good to employers due to the skills learnt and the passion demonstrated for the chosen subject.

Any advice?
EPQ is not that bad to cope with as long as you can organise yourself and prepare pretty well. I suggest taking it as it’s pretty spread out which gives you time for it and mainly focusing on your BTEC. If you find it stressful you can always drop it if you think it’s not for you and focus on your EPQ :h: it is advantageous but your BTEC grades are more important so it’s your choice to choose but I recommend to go for it and see what’s the workload like tbh :biggrin:
most people complete an epq over one or two terms and the workload doesn't equate to a fourth course. i don't have my epq on my cv but if you're confident talking about it sure, especially if you're not planning to go to uni, or if you are planning to go to uni then its good interview-conversation material
Reply 3
huh, i constantly read that it was a workload-heavy course, so this is a bit of a surprise, haha. glad to be able to finally make a decision, then.

thank you so much!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest