The Student Room Group

Top universities for Chemistry

Hi, recently been thinkin about applying for 2021 entry to a chemistry integrated masters course, however I don’t really know which ones are the top universities that don’t require an a level in maths. I’m studying A levels in Chemistry, Biology and Geography, and I’m predicted to get A*A*A* at A level, so I’m looking for applying to the best of the best, however which those are I do not know. Is it worth to just apply to Russel group or to apply to none RG ones like Loughborough?

Thanks
Original post by Barghy2
Hi, recently been thinkin about applying for 2021 entry to a chemistry integrated masters course, however I don’t really know which ones are the top universities that don’t require an a level in maths. I’m studying A levels in Chemistry, Biology and Geography, and I’m predicted to get A*A*A* at A level, so I’m looking for applying to the best of the best, however which those are I do not know. Is it worth to just apply to Russel group or to apply to none RG ones like Loughborough?

Thanks

Hi @Barghy2,

There is always a lot of debate about RG universities vs non RG universities, but ultimately you've just got to have a look around and find one that is right for you, which could fall into the category of either.

Our Chemistry MChem is taught within some of our newest facilities including STEMLab and the recently renovated labs across campus. Whilst we may not be known for our Chemistry department alone, we have a strong history in producing excellent STEM graduates, something we are incredibly proud of. In regards to your questions about requiring maths, our MChem requirements can be found on the online prospectus page and ideally we ask candidates to be studying Chemistry and at least another science or maths.

We have moved our open days online for June and split them up by subject area, so sign up if you haven't already and join in. It will be a great opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Loughborough.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions about Loughborough feel free to ask here or drop us a PM.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending