Unifrog Activities and competencies

Watch
Cool cow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, What kinds of things Can I put into unifrog for the activities and competencies section? I want to apply to do Geography at university
Last edited by Cool cow; 1 year ago
Ameba
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The activities and competencies section really isn't important for university. I wrote a lot of things in there but used nothing for my personal statement. The thing that got me 5 offers for undergraduate psychology was showing that I have had a keen strong interest from when I was younger (aged 14), and that I've maintained this for the next few years.

I've done this through introducing what piqued my interest in psychology - which was watching a documentary on the neurology of ADHD. I then went onto say that I've watched several psychology documentaries, and shows (produced by verified organisations like BBC), and that I've read books on psychology as well. I also talked about trips and the subjects that I liked in psychology, and topics from my other subjects that were relevant (e.g. statistics in Maths and Biology). I then finished by outlining my future career plans in psychology, which was to potentially master in cognitive psychology. Your future plans don't have to be true and you can lie a bit about it AS LONG AS you don't have any strict interviews, because you may crack under the pressure. I didn't have any interviews, so they just saw my statement and references.

You can write about books and articles that you have read about Geography or if you have written on these topics (in EPQ or on blog), it's worth mentioning.
Cool cow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ameba)
The activities and competencies section really isn't important for university. I wrote a lot of things in there but used nothing for my personal statement. The thing that got me 5 offers for undergraduate psychology was showing that I have had a keen strong interest from when I was younger (aged 14), and that I've maintained this for the next few years.

I've done this through introducing what piqued my interest in psychology - which was watching a documentary on the neurology of ADHD. I then went onto say that I've watched several psychology documentaries, and shows (produced by verified organisations like BBC), and that I've read books on psychology as well. I also talked about trips and the subjects that I liked in psychology, and topics from my other subjects that were relevant (e.g. statistics in Maths and Biology). I then finished by outlining my future career plans in psychology, which was to potentially master in cognitive psychology. Your future plans don't have to be true and you can lie a bit about it AS LONG AS you don't have any strict interviews, because you may crack under the pressure. I didn't have any interviews, so they just saw my statement and references.

You can write about books and articles that you have read about Geography or if you have written on these topics (in EPQ or on blog), it's worth mentioning.
Thanks
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just to add - you don't need to talk about your A levels at all. Focus on other things you've done outside of this related to your course choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads