The Student Room Group

GCSE/A-level student app wishlist??

Hey all, since COVID-19 has meant that my exams have been cancelled, I have
found myself a lot of free time in which I would like to build an app for students.

Are there any app ideas that anyone could suggest along with a checklist of features that people want the most?

Currently, planning to build a revision app with all key subjects with notes, flashcards and videos for each topic. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.
Original post by jawadddddk
Hey all, since COVID-19 has meant that my exams have been cancelled, I have
found myself a lot of free time in which I would like to build an app for students.

Are there any app ideas that anyone could suggest along with a checklist of features that people want the most?

Currently, planning to build a revision app with all key subjects with notes, flashcards and videos for each topic. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

OMDS AN APP FOR AQA A LEVEL ENGLISH LITERATURE (preferably specification A) WOULD BE PERFECT. Lemme make a wish list for what it needs
- Maybe some flashcards with quotes on one side and explanations on the other
- Access to all the pieces which are studied
- A revision planner

I'm in year 11 btw.
Thanks.
P.S) If you ever compete the app, make sure you tell me as I'd find it so useful.
(edited 3 years ago)
You should defo link it up to the specification and include different examboards for people to pick, especially WJEC because there are many resources for them. I suggest focusing on gcses first then a levels. You should have a progression checker and a timetable as well. It would be good to beta test it as well
Reply 3
Original post by Sameera714
OMDS AN APP FOR AQA A LEVEL ENGLISH LITERATURE (preferably specification A) WOULD BE PERFECT. Lemme make a wish list for what it needs
- Maybe some flashcards with quotes on one side and explanations on the other
- Access to all the pieces which are studied
- A revision planner

I'm in year 11 btw.
Thanks.
P.S) If you ever compete the app, make sure you tell me as I'd find it so useful.

Thank you so much for the feedback, means a lot :smile: For sure I will make a start on that - it's perfect because I did that spec for my GCSE saw lol. When.I release the first version of the app, I will for sure let you know and your feedback will be very much appreciated.
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
You should defo link it up to the specification and include different examboards for people to pick, especially WJEC because there are many resources for them. I suggest focusing on gcses first then a levels. You should have a progression checker and a timetable as well. It would be good to beta test it as well

Hmm I see, sounds good, I will for sure be releasing a beta version to test individual features etc. What would you like the progression checker and timetable to be like? Any features in particular?
Hmm I see, sounds good, I will for sure be releasing a beta version to test individual features etc. What would you like the progression checker and timetable to be like? Any features in particular?

The progression checker would be something to help with topics or something like that and a timetable would be probably customisable so have the basic days and hours and a checklist for those tasks. It would be good if there was a feature where you can test yourself daily in flashcards that you've made personally
Reply 6
The progression checker would be something to help with topics or something like that and a timetable would be probably customisable so have the basic days and hours and a checklist for those tasks. It would be good if there was a feature where you can test yourself daily in flashcards that you've made personally

Ahh okay gotcha, so is there a point in me making premade flashcards or would it be better to simply allow the user to create their own?
Ahh okay gotcha, so is there a point in me making premade flashcards or would it be better to simply allow the user to create their own?

Allow the user to make their own. I never found premade flashcards useful but I suggest making it for equations or chemical reactions or definitions if you do make them - it would be easy looking at the spec and using the spec to make premade flashcards
Reply 8
Allow the user to make their own. I never found premade flashcards useful but I suggest making it for equations or chemical reactions or definitions if you do make them - it would be easy looking at the spec and using the spec to make premade flashcards

Got it, I will make a google survey also so that I can get more user feedback. Thanks

Quick Reply