Do hiccup and toothless reunite permanently after httyd 3 ?

Watch
ATHAN123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
This makes a lot of sense if you think about snoggletog log a new short that was released:

Here's my viewpoint-

• - Nuffink and the nightlight bonding. Hinted at in the epilogue and EXTREMELY LIKELY to carry on in the short and possibly beyond
  • - Fanart of Hicctooth after the events of HTTYD 3
  • - Fanart of Nuffink and the nightlight after HTTYD 3
  • - Official poster published by DreamWorks- shows Hiccup (aged 30) RIDING on toothless again, with the saddle and tail fin (red prosthetic!)

This not only says that they do reunite again, but that Toothless will reject (or has after the epilogue) the old tail fin (auto-tail) preferring to fly WITH hiccup as one unit not just carrying him like the other riders. N.B- THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, IN A SHORT RELEASED IN 2011 THE SAME TIME AS THE NEW SHORT! -see UNIVERSAL official poster

Hiccup’s quote “until dragons can return in peace” MEANS ONLY TWO THINGS. They either come back after the events of HTTYD 3, OR come back in the short (2019) to the Vikings of New Berk

• - Directors of HTTYD 3 contradicting each other about the ending. Public not being told full story. That Vikings and Dragons DO reunite again- at least on New Berk/ the Berkian Tribe
  • - “until dragons can return in peace”- there is a clear implication here that Hiccup has hope they will come back. This is going to happen either in the upcoming short film OR has already happened in the HTTYD universe.
  • - News reports- e.g. Screen Rant “The film ends with more mature versions of Hiccup and Toothless being officially reunited
  • - Quotes from OFFICIAL DreamWorks books on the film; “Now they (Hiccup and Toothless) share an unbreakable bond. They reunite.
  • - Quote from Dean Deblois “even an reunion with Astrid and Stormfly”- “even” implies the same with Hiccup and Toothless
  • - Dean is HINTING AT SOMETHING (DRAGON/VIKING REUNION) “and-finally the hope that this franchise needs to remember. “We don’t deserve you. Yet” Yet* isss indicating that dragons have returned to New Berk or will return again in the short. And- why does the franchise need to remember that hope*
  • - Also- the logic. THIS IS A PG franchise aimed at kids. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO JUST SEPARATE HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS. They did… for 5/10 minutes of the runtime of HTTYD 3. And… at the end… they are reunited again.
  • - Toothless and his REACTION to seeing* no reuniting with Hiccup again is simply “YAAY!!!!! YOU HAVE COME BACK FOR ME! I AM NEVER LEAVING YOU AGAIN!”- he doesn’t, look at all the bulleted information above.
  • - Astrid’s quote- “The future is wide open” i.e. implying dragons are definitely coming back. Forever. After HTTYD 3 or in the short.
  • - Astrid’s quote- “I am sure the dragons will return to us”. A declarative statement. Saying that yes, dragons do return including Toothless in the upcoming short.

Given the implications of the final moments of the 3rd film. I believe that the other Berkian dragons return to New Berk.

HTTYD wiki

Below: new berk title page

Information

• - Dragon Species:

Crimson Goregutter
Deadly Nadder
Deathgripper
Gronckle
Hideous Zippleback
Hobblegrunt
Hobgobbler
Hotburple
Monstrous Nightmare
Night Fury
Raincutter
Rumblehorn
Scauldron
Scuttleclaw
Seashocker
Shovelhelm
Snafflefang
Snifflehunch
Stormcutter

Etc… an implication they come back!

About a decade later, Hiccup reunites with Toothless again. However, Toothless is now wild again and doesn't recognize Hiccup until he sniffs the man's hand. He then immediately jumps on Hiccup and licks him, extremely happy and even let Hiccup's children pet him. Toothless and Hiccup then take a ride together in the sky, now reunited, with their respective families. This shows that despite their brief separation, their friendship is still alive and well.

Hasn’t been removed since uploading…

@ 09/04/2020

https://howtotrainyourdragon.fandom....97438920830793

Poll- majority (>50%) vote YES

Toothless is Hiccup's best friend, y'know, not to take away from any of the humans in his life, but he just, they have a symbiotic relationship. They need each other. And despite the fact that they're two completely different species, they have more in common with each other than they do probably with their respective species. They're both kinda odd birds, outcasts, and they both had some work done. There's no Hiccup without Toothless. ”

— Jay Baruchel on Hiccup and Toothless[1]

Quote-

I have a feeling if the dragons and humans DID later bond, yes.

Cyeol61
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Wow, wow wow wow. I think you just ruined httyd 3 for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.66%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (159)
37.95%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed