The Student Room Group

Changing Sixth Form in Year 13 - No AS

So I was studying Maths (Edexcel), Biology (AQA) and Chemistry (OCR) in my old school, but am now changing to a different school which use different exam boards Maths (AQA), Biology (OCR), Chemistry (OCR)

I was wondering how this would work due to coronavirus I haven't been to school since February and AS exams are cancelled.

Is anyone else having problems without a school and trying to change schools during coronavirus?

also i was planning on studying medicine/dentistry in uni, do you think this may be a problem?
Surely if u change to a different exam board, the content will be slightly different?
Original post by MinyardJosten
So I was studying Maths (Edexcel), Biology (AQA) and Chemistry (OCR) in my old school, but am now changing to a different school which use different exam boards Maths (AQA), Biology (OCR), Chemistry (OCR)

I was wondering how this would work due to coronavirus I haven't been to school since February and AS exams are cancelled.

Is anyone else having problems without a school and trying to change schools during coronavirus?

also i was planning on studying medicine/dentistry in uni, do you think this may be a problem?

do you have any advice for OP if it will be a problem for medicine in the future?
Original post by katiec2003
Surely if u change to a different exam board, the content will be slightly different?

Slightly it will be but not that much difference tbh. It's mostly the exam structure that changes but the content should be roughly similar
How were you able to switch ? I’ve been desperately emailing a ton of sixth forms to take me . Any tips ?

Quick Reply

Latest