Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
My sixth form isn’t helping me start an EPQ because they don’t feel Other students should be helped instead of me so basically I either want to do aerospace engineering, aeronautical engineering or nuclear engineering. Any research areas that anyone would recommend?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Rae5)
My sixth form isn’t helping me start an EPQ because they don’t feel Other students should be helped instead of me so basically I either want to do aerospace engineering, aeronautical engineering or nuclear engineering. Any research areas that anyone would recommend?
I'd avoid aerospace personally, but that's an individual preference. There are lots of debates about nuclear energy that are quite accessible and easy to get involved in. Have you thought about the nature of your project and what sort of thing you want to be pursuing in the end?
t10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Why would you avoid aerospace engineering? Just wondering. Im also in year 12, wanting to study aerospace eng at uni and also doing an EP on it.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by t10)
Why would you avoid aerospace engineering? Just wondering. Im also in year 12, wanting to study aerospace eng at uni and also doing an EP on it.
Just because I'm not sure how much "research" a year 12 student would be able to do within aerospace compared to something slightly more mainstream, that's all.

However, engineering is not my field at all, which is why I said it was a personal preference.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
An EPQ is less about that you study and more about the research skills to do it. It tends to lend itself best to ethical discussions *Can nuclear energy be considered green energy? or comparisons between 2 things 'Why was the Mk 2 Spitfire a more successful fighter than the...'
Rae5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Compost)
An EPQ is less about that you study and more about the research skills to do it. It tends to lend itself best to ethical discussions *Can nuclear energy be considered green energy? or comparisons between 2 things 'Why was the Mk 2 Spitfire a more successful fighter than the...'
Thank you so much! Ive just found out I can’t do much in the nuclear sector as I cover this in a level physics so I think I’ll stick to aerospace
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (46)
18.25%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (71)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (94)
37.3%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.7%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise