jnuttycombe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Howdy! So, its UCAS applying time, which means I need to write a personal statement! It's recommended that people do a lot of research in their own time on the subejct they want to study. Now, I do (mostly reading on Freud and Bowlby), but I was wondering if anyone had anything they'd recommend for me to do? Either something that I can include in the statement, or just something that i could right reports about or enjoy. Thanks!
Last edited by jnuttycombe; 6 months ago
naeology
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey! If you’re up for reading you should check out ‘The Lucifer Effect’ by Zimbardo (if you haven’t already) and it’s just a really in depth analysis of The Stanford Prison Experiment. I haven’t read it myself but my psych teachers spoke very highly of it. Also good luck with your application and everything!
jnuttycombe
Rep:
?
(Original post by naeology)
Hey! If you’re up for reading you should check out ‘The Lucifer Effect’ by Zimbardo (if you haven’t already) and it’s just a really in depth analysis of The Stanford Prison Experiment. I haven’t read it myself but my psych teachers spoke very highly of it. Also good luck with your application and everything!
That's awsome, thank you! We've studied SPE, and I'm vaguely aware of The Lucifer Effect, so this'll definitely be a good read!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Arghhh not Freud! He is barely psychology and will not be viewed as great background reading for a psych degree I'm afraid!

I would recommend checking out unis (mostly US ones) on YouTube for first year psych undergrads. It's a great learning experience to talk about on a PS, fun and gives you an understanding of what psychology is as a science - as in very little Freud!
jnuttycombe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Arghhh not Freud! He is barely psychology and will not be viewed as great background reading for a psych degree I'm afraid!

I would recommend checking out unis (mostly US ones) on YouTube for first year psych undergrads. It's a great learning experience to talk about on a PS, fun and gives you an understanding of what psychology is as a science - as in very little Freud!
Don't fret! I know Freud is really really idiographic, I think I read his work more out of interest.... I'll definitely check out the YouTube stuff though : ))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads