The Student Room Group

WJEC Computer Science revison?

I will start A-Level WJEC Computer Science next year and i was wondring are they any tips or revison guides or anything that will help me prepare/understand this subject
I'm not familiar with the WJEC spec, but you could read over the spec to get familiar with what kind of content you're expected to learn to start off.

The youtube channel craig n dave have lots of short and easy to understand videos that cover the AQA and OCR a level specs, which will probably have a lot of overlap with the WJEC content, so those are probably worth checking out. Did you take GCSE compsci? If not, it's probably also worth looking over resources for GCSE as well.

I hope this is useful for you!
Thanks for the reply just wondering why would it be helpfull to look at the gcse specs and rescources
Original post by baboontheharoon
Thanks for the reply just wondering why would it be helpfull to look at the gcse specs and rescources

Well, personally I found A Level to be quite similar to GCSE in terms of content, but slightly more difficult. So I think it would be best to look at concepts in the slightly simpler format presented at GCSE which will give a good foundation to transition to the more complicated explanations at A Level.
Original post by mimilala
I'm not familiar with the WJEC spec, but you could read over the spec to get familiar with what kind of content you're expected to learn to start off.

The youtube channel craig n dave have lots of short and easy to understand videos that cover the AQA and OCR a level specs, which will probably have a lot of overlap with the WJEC content, so those are probably worth checking out. Did you take GCSE compsci? If not, it's probably also worth looking over resources for GCSE as well.

I hope this is useful for you!

Check out isaac computer science. it has a gcse to a-level transition section which you can go over when you have the time

Quick Reply

Latest