The Student Room Group

Should I re-write my personal statement if I'm applying for January 2021?

Because of corona I'm now having to take my exams in Autumn. I was unable to find an exam centre due to High demand. :frown: I'm not in a position where I can take another gap year.
I am in the midst of talking to universities but I want to prepared just incase. Should I consider writing a completely new personal statement if I'm applying for January 2021 course or can I use my old one?
Any help appreciated.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by amber2106
Because of corona I'm now having to take my exams in Autumn. I was unable to find an exam centre due to High demand. :frown:
I am in the midst of talking to universities but I want to prepared just incase. Should I consider writing a completely new personal statement if I'm applying for January 2021 course or can I use my old one?
Any help appreciated.

Consider tinkering with your personal statement to add what you did during your gap year but would never ever scrap it completely.
Reply 2
Original post by Luwei
Consider tinkering with your personal statement to add what you did during your gap year but would never ever scrap it completely.

Thanks. So use elements of my old ps but expand upon the things I learned and did during my gap year?
Reply 3
Original post by amber2106
Thanks. So use elements of my old ps but expand upon the things I learned and did during my gap year?

Yes pretty much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending