average_human
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I was wondering whether anyone could help me with my history.

The question is explain why there was rapid progress in disease prevention after 1900. (12

-At the moment i have 2 paragraphs but i need 3. I was wondering if you could help me anaylse them and link them back to the question.

One reason why there was rapid progress in disease prevention after 1900 is becuse of the liberal reforms that helped tackle poverty. In the 1900s, there was increasing evidence that poverty was not the fault of the poor and that is caused a lot of ill-health. The most important link between poverty and ill-health was the fact that if you were poor you couldn’t afford a doctor. It was government needed to do more to help the poor. So, when the Liberal government was elected in 1906, they carried out several reforms to help the poor. For example, in 1908, pensions for the elderly were introduced and in 1911, the National Insurance Act was set up which paid a worker for up to 26 weeks if they fell ill and couldn’t work. This evidence shows that....

Another reason why there was rapid progress in disease prevention after 1900 was because of vaccinations. In order to eradicate smallpox, the government introduced a compulsory vaccination scheme. The next national vaccination scheme after that was in 1942 when the diphtheria vaccine was given to all children, as there were fears that the cramped conditions in air-raid shelters would lead to an epidemic. This evidence shows that...

any helped would be greatly appreciated GCSE Edexcel
yash Kainth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Here is an essay plan I did. I got 12/12 for it, hope it helps! In the actual thing though when I right it up I compare the factors.
Attached files
average_human
Rep:
?
(Original post by yash Kainth)
Here is an essay plan I did. I got 12/12 for it, hope it helps! In the actual thing though when I right it up I compare the factors.
oh my gosh, this is so helpful thanks!
average_human
Rep:
?
(Original post by yash Kainth)
this is amazing, but what do you mean by 'rephrase the question' at the end of the paragraph
yash Kainth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So to link it back, what just say e.g Crick and Watson discovering more about genetics led to a rapid prevention of disease in the 20th century because it meant doctors could understand that not all cures could work through vaccination. This is just linking it back. The sentence does mo need to be this long at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.52%
I'm not sure (46)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.6%
I have already dropped out (28)
2.66%
I'm not a current university student (515)
48.86%

Watched Threads