Help - “The Year you’ve selected is not available”

Watch this thread
Foskr4
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello all,

Trying to put in my student finance application - But i’m selecting the right course with the right ucas code from my ucas track & it’s not allowing me to select year one.

It comes up with a message “ the year you have selected is not available. Please confirm your course details with your university or college”

I have two options for the course:
- Nursing - Child
- Nursing - Child 2019
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sofkryan)
Hello all,

Trying to put in my student finance application - But i’m selecting the right course with the right ucas code from my ucas track & it’s not allowing me to select year one.

It comes up with a message “ the year you have selected is not available. Please confirm your course details with your university or college”

I have two options for the course:
- Nursing - Child
- Nursing - Child 2019
You need to contact your university.
They haven’t updated the details of their courses on the SFE database.
Foskr4
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
You need to contact your university.
They haven’t updated the details of their courses on the SFE database.
Thank you for the reply! Im worried as the deadline is today so what’s the best way of letting them know this? Thank you
PQ
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sofkryan)
Thank you for the reply! Im worried as the deadline is today so what’s the best way of letting them know this? Thank you
if you want to meet the deadline then add a different course or university for now and amend it later when your university let you know that the course is available on the SFE database.
gracemoth
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you feel like there are lots of options for the same course that apply to you, try every one! I succeeded on the last of the list. Also changing details is really long, you have to fill in a form and it can take up to 6 weeks longer to get that edited. Try to get the details right first time.
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gracemoth)
If you feel like there are lots of options for the same course that apply to you, try every one! I succeeded on the last of the list. Also changing details is really long, you have to fill in a form and it can take up to 6 weeks longer to get that edited. Try to get the details right first time.
This thread is from 2021.
Tobi Millar
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm currently having the same issue with Strathclyde university Economics 4 years (with honours). How is best to contact the university considering the deadline is tomorrow?
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tobi Millar)
I'm currently having the same issue with Strathclyde university Economics 4 years (with honours). How is best to contact the university considering the deadline is tomorrow?
The telephone
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tobi Millar)
Hello Tobi,

I would suggesting calling or seeing if they have a live chat facility.

We have a deadline (guide) of 20th of May 2022 for new students and 24th June 2022 for returning students; these dates are a guide so that we can ensure payments are in place for the new academic year. If any applications or information is received following these dates, we will still be able to review and award any support, it just may take longer to process, as we will be in our peak period.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed