The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hello there, a couple of questions with regards to the maintenance loan.

1. Is it possible to get a maintenance loan whilst I'm doing A-levels as a mature student (I will get an Advanced Learner Loan as well)? This would allow me to reduce my hours at work and focus more on collage.

2. If yes to the previous question, is it possible to get a second maintenance loan for university in two-years time after finishing A-levels, and would asking for the first one hinder in any way my chances of getting it a second time?

I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you!
Original post by Sauzalez
Hello there, a couple of questions with regards to the maintenance loan.

1. Is it possible to get a maintenance loan whilst I'm doing A-levels as a mature student (I will get an Advanced Learner Loan as well)? This would allow me to reduce my hours at work and focus more on collage.

2. If yes to the previous question, is it possible to get a second maintenance loan for university in two-years time after finishing A-levels, and would asking for the first one hinder in any way my chances of getting it a second time?

I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you!

Good morning,
I will answer your queries in order.

1. No, you can only receive a Tuition Fee Loan, you can find out more information here http://ow.ly/7LGy30oSeKg
2. If you have never had any higher education study and you meet the residency eligibility criteria then yes you should be eligible to apply for full undergraduate funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Good morning,
I will answer your queries in order.

1. No, you can only receive a Tuition Fee Loan, you can find out more information here http://ow.ly/7LGy30oSeKg
2. If you have never had any higher education study and you meet the residency eligibility criteria then yes you should be eligible to apply for full undergraduate funding.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you Isaac and good morning,

Can I ask a follow-up question, when it comes to repayments, would the advanced learner loan, the tuition fee loan and the maintenance loan get grouped together so any repaymentents of 9% of my salary (above the repayment threshold) get split three ways amongst the loans?

Or do I make repayments of 18% (9% towards one loan and 9% towards another)?
Thank you Isaac and good morning,

Can I ask a follow-up question, when it comes to repayments, would the advanced learner loan, the tuition fee loan and the maintenance loan get grouped together so any repaymentents of 9% of my salary (above the repayment threshold) get split three ways amongst the loans?

Or do I make repayments of 18% (9% towards one loan and 9% towards another)?

You're welcome and I hope you have had a lovely day so far.

To receive accurate information on your repayment query we advise you to contact our repayments team, you can message them on Facebook or Twitter or alternatively check out the repayment FAQ on gov.uk/slc
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
You're welcome and I hope you have had a lovely day so far.

To receive accurate information on your repayment query we advise you to contact our repayments team, you can message them on Facebook or Twitter or alternatively check out the repayment FAQ on gov.uk/slc
Thanks, Isaac

Ok, I'll give that a go. thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)
Ok, I'll give that a go. thank you!

You're welcome. It won't allow you to message them now as they are closed until 10am Tuesday, after the bank holiday.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending