The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

work in liverpool

Was it hard to find a job in Liverpool?
Would i combine working with studying full-time at UoL?
And were you able to afford all living costs from such work?

i am fully aware that nowadays the circumstances are different after corona crisis but maybe you can give me a hint how hard it was/(not)
x
Original post by patkl
Was it hard to find a job in Liverpool?
Would i combine working with studying full-time at UoL?
And were you able to afford all living costs from such work?

i am fully aware that nowadays the circumstances are different after corona crisis but maybe you can give me a hint how hard it was/(not)
x

I found it easy. I had a number of jobs during my degree, mostly based on campus (these are a lot harder to get and rarely go to first years), but I did have experience in retail and tutoring beforehand, so I'm not sure how hard it would be if you didn't have experience. My course only had 12 contact hours per week so it was fine for me, but I was always good at making sure I got my work done, so it does depend. There are lots of shops and restaurants hiring (in normal times), but be aware that there are also something like 40,000 students in Liverpool, so you should try to get a job as quickly as possible.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Edminzodo
I found it easy. I had a number of jobs during my degree, mostly based on campus (these are a lot harder to get and rarely go to first years), but I did have experience in retail and tutoring beforehand, so I'm not sure how hard it would be if you didn't have experience. My course only had 12 contact hours per week so it was fine for me, but I was always good at making sure I got my work done, so it does depend. There are lots of shops and restaurants hiring (in normal times), but be aware that there are also something like 40,000 students in Liverpool, so you should try to get a job as quickly as possible.

thanks a lot! x
Original post by patkl
thanks a lot! x

Hi there,

I hope you have had some luck with getting some employment to support yourself!

Just to add to what Sandtrooper has said there are loads of opportunities for work in Liverpool, though this year has been different work-wise due to the pandemic a good place to look is on a website called Handshake. They work with the careers service at the University and have lots of jobs on there, both graduate jobs but also part-time work (some of which is remote / online work), so it is worth taking a look on here to see if there is anything suitable. You can see more information here: https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2020/06/02/introduction-to-handshake/

If you have any more questions then be sure to let me know below!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending