marcel9487
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello, just wondering if you could tell me if icons talent agency in derby is reputable?
Advertisement
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by marcel9487)
Hello, just wondering if you could tell me if icons talent agency in derby is reputable?
It really is almost impossible to tell, they are a registered company but don't have any reviews and their online presence isn't huge. They certainly don't appear to be particularly well-established. The best way to find out if they are safe and legitimate is to see if you can find people who have worked with them before (independently rather than asking to be put in touch with someone) and ask about their experience.
Richard20191
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I signed to this agency about 6 months ago, had 3 jobs so far. Haven't made massive money but I think I have more then covered my outlay. I think they communicate really well which is better then the other agencies Ive been with. Only issue I have had is travel as I am based in Yorkshire and the closest job I did was in Manchester.
Advertisement
356bex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is icon derby good ? My daughter has been asked to get signed to them and they want £100 admission cost for the year instead of commission? Before I pay it I would like to know from peoples experience please . So sorry to be a pain x
MNL2020!
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, my son is in the same boat. Did you manage to find out anymore information about them?
Advertisement
adagio4strings89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do NOT give these guys money. They emailed me to say they're interested in my photos and want to sign me. I called them, the guy (his name was the same as mine, which is a weird coincidence if you ask me) he was VERY unprofessional and took him a while to get my details as he had poor internet connection, any company/agency would ask to put you on hold while they sort it out, but he kept saying 'one minute, sorry, one minute' as he blamed it on 'Virgin'.

He proceeded to tell me about the agency very briefly, and there it was - what I expected - "Unlike any other agency, we do not take any commission off you when you book a job, we just take a £100 start up fee". NO! Reputable agencies are NOT allowed to do this. DO NOT AGREE TO THIS.

When I questioned him about this, he got rude and defensive, saying its the way they've always done it and it works. I asked many other questions about the agency itself, to which he said something like "I could tell you its all great but at the end of the day, we're gonna get you jobs" blah blah blah... It was honestly the most ridiculous phone call ive ever had. He was probably just sitting at home on his iPhone, ********ting his way through.

Also, do not trust 'Studio Boulevard' if thats what they're called. If you are booking a shoot through them, go do your shoot, get your photos, and leave. The photographers are freelance and are not associated with this scam.
Eloisewright__
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had a shoot with studio boulevard and the model management company that was there put me falward on the model board I have had a few agency’s email me but have been adviced ONLY DO COMISSION BASED PAYMENT WHEN YOU DO THE JOBs As if you don’t get jobs it’s a waste !
Advertisement
larryboy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 356bex)
Is icon derby good ? My daughter has been asked to get signed to them and they want £100 admission cost for the year instead of commission? Before I pay it I would like to know from peoples experience please . So sorry to be a pain x
Its a scam!! No agency will ask for money. That's a 100% fact! Do you pay money to apply for a job? No! This is should be no different.

Oh and as for the person who posted above saying they had 3 jobs. That's an employer part of the scam. Notice how they only have 1 post? They probably own the same account as the OP

AVOID THESE *****Y SCAMMERS WHO PREY ON PEOPLE
Aaliyah7861
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did they not cover the travel fees? I’ve signed with them as well
Advertisement
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a scam. Run away pronto.
ravi7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know from all reviews how they scam, but for anyone who has paid them, do they send you the photos they took at least?
Advertisement
Madellaj97
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
My 2 year old son has been offered a contract with them but need to pay £100 admission fee instead of paying them commission. Are they 100% a scam? Has anyone actually paid the fee and got anywhere far?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (43)
16.1%
I'm not sure (8)
3%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (97)
36.33%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.5%
I'm not a current university student (115)
43.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed