username5248952
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone have any advice, tips and tricks as to how you can get an A* in an EPQ?
AHoek10
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I got an A* and this is what worked for me:

1. Little and often is better than cramming it all in at the end - I only actually did about 1 to 2 hours a week and I was easily finished by the deadline.
2. The activity log is really important because it shows your ability to analyse your process, so you need to make sure that you stay in top of it. Make sure you analyse the mistakes you made and evaluated your research process, because that stuff is what the EPQ is at all about.
3. The same goes for the evaluation because so many marks are dedicated to being able to evaluate how well the project actually went. TBH with you it isn’t really about what you write, it’s more about what you learned from writing it.
4. Don’t stress too much about the presentation because it’s really just an overview of everything you’ve researched. And besides it’s not worth that many marks.
5. Don’t feel like that 5000 words is a limit it’s only a rough guideline and to be honest, most people in my class did over 10,000 words. I think I did about 15,000. Obviously it’s quality over quantity because doing a lot doesn’t mean you will get an A* but don’t limit yourself by cutting down in words and look into your topic deeply.
6. Persevere! EPQs can be very helpful, not only for developing research skills but also for uni offers: three of my five offers were reduced because of my EPQ. Besides, if you have to do an interview for Oxbridge or a London uni, it is a great think to be able to talk about, so don’t give up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise