The Student Room Group

Which would you choose?

Hi, I'm choosing my uni courses and my first option is medicine but I might not get in and I don't want to do a gap year, so I'm looking at back up options and they've all got there pros and cons
1) optometry - It's a specific career so high chance of getting a job after graduation BUT I want to travel from home and there is only 1 uni near me and I'm not too fond of it, by looks and ranks
2) Pharmacology - I find this course quite interesting and there are many unis of my preference that do this course BUT it seems like getting a job after graduation is difficult
3) Biomedical science - again, i find it interesting and the unis I want to go to do this course BUT none of them are IBMS accredited so job prospects are low

I've also thought of chemistry and pharmacy but I'm not the most excited by them but job prospects are high

- Any advice on how to pick or which one you would choose and why
I’d suggest reading through the modules for each at the universities you want to go to and see which interests you most, maybe try a pros and cons of the modules you like and dislike

Quick Reply

Latest