The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea uni 2 bedroom flat bay campus.

Going to be in Swansea uni for Aerospace Engineering next year and obviously the bay campus seems to be the obvious answer.

I don't want to share a twin room and can't go too expensive so it seems the best option is to go for a 2 bedroom flat. I don't believe there's an option to have more bedrooms per flat at Bay campus.

Can anyone find me some decent imagery of the inside of the flats? I can't seem to find anything.

Cheers.
Original post by Eolopolo
Going to be in Swansea uni for Aerospace Engineering next year and obviously the bay campus seems to be the obvious answer.

I don't want to share a twin room and can't go too expensive so it seems the best option is to go for a 2 bedroom flat. I don't believe there's an option to have more bedrooms per flat at Bay campus.

Can anyone find me some decent imagery of the inside of the flats? I can't seem to find anything.

Cheers.

Hi.
I’m actually currently living in a two bed flat right now on bay campus! The pictures on the website are basically exactly what you’ll get in the two-bed flat in terms of bedroom and bathroom (except the bathroom is shared so the entrance is via the corridor and not the bedroom). The kitchen is the same units and a decentish size and there is a little carpeted seating area within the kitchen/living room that has a double sofa and a coffee table. You also get two bar stools to use with the over hanging counters on the kitchen surface tops.
2 bed flats are really limited though I think there are only 16 of them on campus and quite a few have already been allocated, so if you want one make sure you do your application quickly to get the best chance of getting one.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi.
I’m actually currently living in a two bed flat right now on bay campus! The pictures on the website are basically exactly what you’ll get in the two-bed flat in terms of bedroom and bathroom (except the bathroom is shared so the entrance is via the corridor and not the bedroom). The kitchen is the same units and a decentish size and there is a little carpeted seating area within the kitchen/living room that has a double sofa and a coffee table. You also get two bar stools to use with the over hanging counters on the kitchen surface tops.
2 bed flats are really limited though I think there are only 16 of them on campus and quite a few have already been allocated, so if you want one make sure you do your application quickly to get the best chance of getting one.

Hi.

Oh damn, I'll be sure to get a move on then. Thanks for the heads up. Can I ask, what the twin bedrooms are like also? Are they any good?

I'm really struggling accomodation wise at the moment so any advice is much appreciated
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh damn, I'll be sure to get a move on then. Thanks for the heads up. Can I ask, what the twin bedrooms are like also? Are they any good?

I'm really struggling accomodation wise at the moment so any advice is much appreciated

I don’t know what the twin rooms are like as I haven’t seen any but I know that they are limited too. Most people who go for those are returning students who know each other so are happy to share a room.
If your struggling money wise have you considered Singleton campus and commute on the bus? I commute from bay to Singleton and have very little issue. There is a lot more affordable accommodation on Singleton and there’s the option of the accommodation of the pre-paid dining card which reduces the worry around paying for food.
Reply 4
I don’t know what the twin rooms are like as I haven’t seen any but I know that they are limited too. Most people who go for those are returning students who know each other so are happy to share a room.
If your struggling money wise have you considered Singleton campus and commute on the bus? I commute from bay to Singleton and have very little issue. There is a lot more affordable accommodation on Singleton and there’s the option of the accommodation of the pre-paid dining card which reduces the worry around paying for food.

It'll definetly be second in consideration accomodation wise. Thing is I'm going to be doing an engineering degree and so I wanted to stick around the engineers at bay campus. If I'm on singleton then oh well but I preferred to be around people doing the same course as me as well as avoid the commute.

How long is the commute and does the bus go around often?
It'll definetly be second in consideration accomodation wise. Thing is I'm going to be doing an engineering degree and so I wanted to stick around the engineers at bay campus. If I'm on singleton then oh well but I preferred to be around people doing the same course as me as well as avoid the commute.

How long is the commute and does the bus go around often?

There are a lot of buses that serve the 2 campuses. The 8,9 and 10 are the direct campus to campus services where if you get on one you will eventually end up on the other campus. The 8 is every 15mins and runs 24hrs it goes via the city centre bus station. It takes around 35mins between campuses. The 9 is the fastest service between the campuses and takes around 20mins and is every 20mins. However it is the most unreliable of the 3 campus bus services in terms of turning up, I’d say 75% turn up rate. The 10 is the slowest service at 45mins and is every 20mins and goes via uplands area which is where the majority of student housing is.
There are also a number of other services that you can get that go to the bus station where you can change to get a connecting bus to campus. Serving bay there is a number of X services (I can’t remember all of them there’s about 5) and the 38. And serving Singleton there’s the 4 and a few less frequent buses. However all these buses means that you never really have to wait more than 10minutes for a bus during the day.
Reply 6
There are a lot of buses that serve the 2 campuses. The 8,9 and 10 are the direct campus to campus services where if you get on one you will eventually end up on the other campus. The 8 is every 15mins and runs 24hrs it goes via the city centre bus station. It takes around 35mins between campuses. The 9 is the fastest service between the campuses and takes around 20mins and is every 20mins. However it is the most unreliable of the 3 campus bus services in terms of turning up, I’d say 75% turn up rate. The 10 is the slowest service at 45mins and is every 20mins and goes via uplands area which is where the majority of student housing is.
There are also a number of other services that you can get that go to the bus station where you can change to get a connecting bus to campus. Serving bay there is a number of X services (I can’t remember all of them there’s about 5) and the 38. And serving Singleton there’s the 4 and a few less frequent buses. However all these buses means that you never really have to wait more than 10minutes for a bus during the day.

Oh wow, that's much more than I expected. So it's very easy to get between the two.

I'll definetly be considering singleton as well then.

Can I ask what degree you're studying?
Oh wow, that's much more than I expected. So it's very easy to get between the two.

I'll definetly be considering singleton as well then.

Can I ask what degree you're studying?

Yes, it is quite easy to get between the two.

I’m studying psychology.
Reply 8
Yes, it is quite easy to get between the two.

I’m studying psychology.

Okay. I'll be running on 25 hours a week so constant bus trips was a concern.
Okay. I'll be running on 25 hours a week so constant bus trips was a concern.

The buses serving the university are as follows
Number 9 as stated is the fastest which also serves the Hendrefoilan Student village which is the university's cheapest accommodation. Takes just over 30 minutes to the Bay.

Number 8 as stated is the most frequent campus to campus bus around 30 minutes.

Number 10 as stated serves High Street Station and the Uplands and stops outside Coppergate, Oldway Centre and St Davids.

Buses service the bay campus. There stop outside. Number X1, X3, X7, X8 and X55. also X10 which serves Cardiff. Most of these run hourly.

Buses serving Singleton Campus. The 2A is every 15 minutes approx. 4 is approx. every 10 minutes. 14 is every hour. 116 every hour but is a different company.

As well as staying on the campus you could look at HSV which is cheaper and GLC has a small private hall of residence in the city centre.

https://glcstudentproperties.com
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodation-options/hendrefoelan/
Reply 10
Original post by swanseajack1
The buses serving the university are as follows
Number 9 as stated is the fastest which also serves the Hendrefoilan Student village which is the university's cheapest accommodation. Takes just over 30 minutes to the Bay.

Number 8 as stated is the most frequent campus to campus bus around 30 minutes.

Number 10 as stated serves High Street Station and the Uplands and stops outside Coppergate, Oldway Centre and St Davids.

Buses service the bay campus. There stop outside. Number X1, X3, X7, X8 and X55. also X10 which serves Cardiff. Most of these run hourly.

Buses serving Singleton Campus. The 2A is every 15 minutes approx. 4 is approx. every 10 minutes. 14 is every hour. 116 every hour but is a different company.

As well as staying on the campus you could look at HSV which is cheaper and GLC has a small private hall of residence in the city centre.

https://glcstudentproperties.com
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodation-options/hendrefoelan/

Thanks for the info, definetly helps. I'm assuming we're provided with a free buss pass as well?
Thanks for the info, definetly helps. I'm assuming we're provided with a free buss pass as well?

No you have to pay for the bus pass. It is only free from HSV.
Reply 12
No you have to pay for the bus pass. It is only free from HSV.

Is it a yearly thing? So I buy it one year and then my trips are free?
Is it a yearly thing? So I buy it one year and then my trips are free?

There are different passes yearly, termly etc and yes once paid they are free. If your 18-21 you can apply for a special pass which gives you 1/3 off.
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/sustainability/travel/by-bus/
Reply 14
There are different passes yearly, termly etc and yes once paid they are free. If your 18-21 you can apply for a special pass which gives you 1/3 off.
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/sustainability/travel/by-bus/

Okay then, cheers.

It'd suck to get to singleton and then realise I can't get to Bay campus without paying each trip.

Cheers.

I'm planning on doing engineering too! I was planning on staying on bay campus but then I saw how expensive it was compared to other places. So now I'm planning on staying at the oldway centre. It's only £120pw for an ensuite, and I've seen posts from @swanseajack1 confirming that swansea has decent public transport. So thank you swanseajack1!
Reply 16
Original post by SoDarkSoCold
I'm planning on doing engineering too! I was planning on staying on bay campus but then I saw how expensive it was compared to other places. So now I'm planning on staying at the oldway centre. It's only £120pw for an ensuite, and I've seen posts from @swanseajack1 confirming that swansea has decent public transport. So thank you swanseajack1!

isn't that the oldest centre just as expensive?
isn't that the oldest centre just as expensive?

For an ensuite on Bay campus it costs £152 pw so almost £140 more per month.
Reply 18
Original post by SoDarkSoCold
For an ensuite on Bay campus it costs £152 pw so almost £140 more per month.

Oh wow, yeah

Quick Reply

Latest